Best IDI electric lift pumps + Specs

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, I bought a lemon of a truck. I have been wrenching on it non-stop since I bought it. ... I am frustrated as F--k right now!

I am sorry you're suffering. I know that whenever I buy a vehicle it's likely to be a project. Get done going through everything and you'll have a reliable runner for years to come. Getting there is a painful slog.

I still need to get one vehicle completely redone, so I have a reliable daily driver. Then getting the others rebuilt will be hobby level stuff instead of a death march. Persevere, it'll be worth it in the end.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Facet Dura-Lift Pump is Made in the USA and sold by Pegasus Racing in Wisconsin.

So???
It's been proven a weak link in many ways.
Just will NOT keep up in a towing situation for 1...
Sad about buying a lemon, lots of lousy sellers out there.
I know LOTS of guys still swear by the faccett junk just not me!
7k miles of towing 6k # in 5 states and 2 countries cured any doughbt.
The faucett (home depot joke) is gunna go on my parts washer some day.
Its a holley red now.

Last edited:

gilraine

Reaction score
i have an airtex E8153. works well on my 7.3 IDI turbo, and is easy to replace if ever needed.

Matt Dierks

Reaction score
Well, I don't know how the pulling issue is any worse when the factory mechanical pump is rated in psi the same if not 1 psi less even than my FACET 4-7 psi for fuel pressure. I did not buy this truck for cross country pulling or for telling my buddies how much power it has. I did just pull about 9,000#'s roughly 20 miles. It was not like driving a new twin turbo'd power stroke. I was able to keep it at 55mph except up a steep hill where I would down shift to 4th gear to keep my RPM's at 2000 and 45 mph. I use this truck for around my acreage, hauling firewood, and driving 10 miles and back to my job. It is not fast, it starts good now, and I am slowly but surely widdling away at the undisclosed (previously owner known) issues I have inherited. It smokes, it grumbles, it has a front wheel that leans inward on the passenger side. It has an issue with a poor connection between the alternator and the plug that goes on the top that allows for charging. I get out, unplug it and plug it back on, and it seems to fix it every time. Probably a loose connection. But, you know what, I will eventually get tired if it doing this and I will do something permanent about it. When this FACET PUMP goes bad, I will buy the HOLLEY Red Pump maybe. We'll see. Thanks for the advice!

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory mechanical pump supplies volume based on RPM of the engine. Pressure is set by the spring pressing the diaphragm. RPMs increase, volume increases and pressure maintained. The faucet can't do that. Pressure will drop and the timing will change. When the faucet falls on it's face because it can't supply the volume, the mechanical is happy just thumping away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online