Before You Mod The AC System

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
Check your refrigerant... Mine was cooling but not very good (about typical of the Superduty after they get some miles on them) so i hooked my gauges up to it and it was about 12 psi low. I charged it up and now with it being around 95 here and so humid its miserable, it's blowing cold again almost instantly.

Last edited:

jvencius

Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up--my A/C hasn't been working as well as I would have hoped lately, so maybe I'll do what you did. Did you use one of those recharge-it-yourself kits from the auto parts store or do you have better stuff?

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Thanks for the head's up--my A/C hasn't been working as well as I would have hoped lately, so maybe I'll do what you did. Did you use one of those recharge-it-yourself kits from the auto parts store or do you have better stuff?

those kits will work fine.. they just have some crappy disconnects on them that wouldn't last very long in a shop setting

get the stuff with the lube in it

sassyrel

Reaction score
they work--the only problem is is that you dont know what the low side pressure is--and if your only three oz short--and throw the whole bottle in-----------------------------low side should be 40 to 60 at high idle