before i order parts...

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
when i got home last night, the latest catalog from LMC Truck was in the mailbox, so i opened a cold frosty one & sat down to peruse it...
other than a few odds & ends that i'm going to order, 2 thing caught my attention:

1) "Accelerator Cable" $19.95 ('92-'96, $29.95 for '83-'91). Travis would call this the 'on / off switch cable' LOL
i seem to recall some of the old timers saying that these were impossible to come by - am i mistaken? i figure as bad as mine is (remember, Ron?) i'm going to try one.

2) "Heavy Duty Headlight Harness" $29.95 (listed for '80-'86)... excerpted from the catalog: This headlight harness draws power directly from your battery instead of from the headlight switch... is complete with seperate relays for low & high beams & features OE style headlight sockets for easy install with no cutting or splicing.
-this sounds like a pre-made kit for the much touted headlight mod, but i'm betting the pre-'87 headlight sockets are a bit different than my '92s. any thoughts? $30 doesn't sound so bad for a harness, relays, sockets, etc. what do you think?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Any chance to order online one of those headlight harness or you order one for me :angel: . Are those the ones that will pritect my truck from fire?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
2) "Heavy Duty Headlight Harness" $29.95 (listed for '80-'86)... excerpted from the catalog: This headlight harness draws power directly from your battery instead of from the headlight switch... is complete with seperate relays for low & high beams & features OE style headlight sockets for easy install with no cutting or splicing.
-this sounds like a pre-made kit for the much touted headlight mod, but i'm betting the pre-'87 headlight sockets are a bit different than my '92s. any thoughts? $30 doesn't sound so bad for a harness, relays, sockets, etc. what do you think?
headlight plugs are different from all three generations. 80-86 usesthe 6052/h6054, 87-91 uses a 9004 and 92-97 uses a 9007 bulb. The 9004 & 9007 uses different locating lugs to mount onto the fishbowl, so there is a good chance that the plugs are different too. Even if the plug is different, you could get another set of plugs for yours and splice it onto your truck.
exekiel-
this won't solve your burn potential. this mainly happens when too many chicken lights are added or bad trailer wiring is hooked to your truck. Still not a bad idea to take the load off the switch tho.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You meant the wiring on the trailer not mine (stock) right?

How do I take the load off the head light switch? Is it on the faq tread?
Also is any other post about possible fire on the steering column?

Thank you, Exekiel.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
No a bad price on the throttle cable if'n it works.....Wanna be the guinea pig? :D

But first where's the new IP? :backoff

:D

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
But first where's the new IP? :backoff
:D
:flipa i got your new IP right here, smartass :Whatever:
actually - the go pedal cable is a precursor to that - but i might be needing a clutch first :eek:

EZ - click on the link in my original post & you can order online - they just have a limited catalog online. on the LMC main page, you'll see 'featured parts' ... follow that thru to 'lights' & you'll find a listing, but not a pic, of the harness.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
:flipa i got your new IP right here, smartass :Whatever:
actually - the go pedal cable is a precursor to that - but i might be needing a clutch first :eek:

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
Well since the ice cream shop aint that far down the road, just alternate nights on who drives and the clutch should last ya another year. :rolleyes: :rotflmao
Maybe then I could do another AT at Little Creek and fix that for ya too. :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OUCH! That'll leave a mark. LOL

EZ, yes the headlight mod is in the FAQ. Be sure to wax the back of the cab while you have the bed off. ;)

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Agnem said:
EZ, yes the headlight mod is in the FAQ. Be sure to wax the back of the cab while you have the bed off. ;)

Great, that will make good entertainment on the winter. Plan to redo all the electric things I've connected before. cookoo

I will wax it Mel, and keep it covered from now :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online