BD Diesel Dyno Days!

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, BD Diesel is hosting there annual Dynodays in Abbotsford BC May 8th.

Seeing as how BD is about a half hour from my house I plan on throwing my truck on the Dyno just for ***** and giggles. Hopfully I dont get laughed out of the place by all the guys with there built up trucks.

Anyways, over the next few weeks I'm wondering what kind of small tweaks I could do to my Truck to get any extra little bit of power on the cheap. I'm buying a pyro next week when I get paid so I'm going to do some experimenting to see how much higher I can turn in my Fuel Screw on my pump, before I get strapped onto the Dyno I'm going to take out my headlight and run my 5 inch Dryer duct intake tube right out the front of my truck to get as much air as I can. I might take off my muffler as well and run a straight pipe.

Anybody have some Ideas of other things I should fiddle with before I go?

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its free but you have to be there really early as they only have 60 spots available. They start doing runs at about 9.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
open header ;Sweet

Other than IP screw, and fresher air and getting rid of restrictions... i dont know. would have to add hardware afaik like homebrew propane

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
If only I weren't about 1200miles away right now...

You might consider juicing up your fuel with some Diesel Kleen or something if you want (Cetane boost). Definitely post some numbers! ;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Matt, this could be a way to finally put that torque screw debate to bed. Do a run with it ajutsted at factory settins (flush with the jam nut) and then wind it out 3/16" and run her again. See if the screw is a placebo or if it really makes a difference!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I say just run it just as you do on everyday settings - that way you know what you are getting. I did that with The E quite a few years ago and turned 201hp and 387 ft lbs if memory serves - she didn't have the water/**** injection at the time she was just turbo'd. I didn't get laughed out as there was a stock 1 gen cummins there that was below me - not by much mind you but was below me. Everyone else was far above us - one guy was over 1200 ft lbs - didn't know exactly how high because the dyno couldn't handle any higher...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i would say do a few runs, one the way you normally have it, then another crank the pump up bump the timing up, unhook the muffler cold air intake torque screw adjustment then run it like that and see what happens

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anybody makes fun of you, just remind them that you will be passing them when the EMF from the next abomb blast hits. LOL

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They only have 60 slots open so I'm only gonna get one shot that's why I wanna squeeze every little bit of extra power out that I can.

Anything else I could do the fuel? Its not like they make hi-test diesel unless I just pour a bunch of diesel Kleen in there.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
How about a home made water **** setup? Put a slave tank in your truck with a pressure regulator so you can adjust this thing. put a line to your intake and tee into your washer fluid. the low pressure will suck the fluid out and atomize it for a better mix. You could test by using different size hoses and tips to get a spray pattern that is desireable.

This is an idea that I just came up with as I read your thread so I have no info to back it up with. I figure the tank will last long enough for a dyno run, may not be feasable for daily driving, maybe good for short bursts like nitrous, definitly cheaper.

Last edited: