Banks sidewinder parts

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Hi everyone, obviously I'm a newbe here. I have a 91 F250 2wd 5sp. It was a Haliburton truck, so mileage is unknown. I just put reman injectors in. My problem is that I just bought a wastegated sidewinder off ebay. I have most of the stuff that is supposed to be there except a couple of mounts and the bolts and gaskets. I need help locating these! I'm sure you all know Banks is no help. The mounts that are missing are the turbo inlet mount and one of the mounts that goes on the back on the exhaust that attaches to the turbo. And all the bolts. They even took the bolts and gasket from the oil drain tube. The filter box is also gone. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Actually Banks is very good to work with. Find yourself an instructional manual (someone will probably post it for you) and there is an exploded diagram in there with part numbers. If you call Banks and give them the part number they'll gladly send you the parts.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Thanks

I didnt mean to sound so down on Banks. It's just that I called them and was told they don't sell parts seperately. I appreciate the info. Flatlander, I'll try it that way and see if I get better results. This is my first diesel, though I've had it for a while. I've read a lot online on this site and others, and I've learned quite a lot. But I still have a lot to learn.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
GenLightening, Did I read right, are you putting a Ford into a Chevy? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's just pretty rare. Cool. I know some hardcore Chevy guys that would cry over that.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Technically, I'm putting an International into a Chevy! I will own up to the Ford tranny. I thought about a Cummins but I found a complete donor truck for less than just the Cummins engine. That, and cutting about a third of my front crossmember out to clear the oilpan just didn't give me the warm fuzzies. It's been done before, check this one out. http://rides.webshots.com/album/550175218sHOgHM

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
That's cool! Yes, you're right it is an International. But my buddies would still call it a Ford! They'd rather put a Duramax into an F350. I wish mine was that clean undr the hood.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool! That should get some of those Chevy 6.2 and 6.5 guys going! LOL What is involved with mounting the engine? Wish that guy had posted more pictures of how he did the second rear axle.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Agnem I'd love to go to the IDI weekend, but it wont happen this year. I started at TSC in Oct. so I dont have any vacation yet. And I'm not sure my wife would enjoy it as much as I would!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wives are always hesitant until they go to one, and then they get hooked! LOL

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Very cool! That should get some of those Chevy 6.2 and 6.5 guys going! LOL What is involved with mounting the engine? Wish that guy had posted more pictures of how he did the second rear axle.

I didn't ask him about the rear axle, I just wanted to know how much room I needed for the motor. He built his own headers and exhaust plumbing, looks cool.
The engine shouldn't be that hard, the motor mounts may need to be massaged a bit and I may need to make room for the turbo downpipe. I've got the electrical planned out pretty good. My plan is to make it look as factory as possible. I just can't wait until camping season is over so I can do the swap. 5-7mpg is killing me! I want double digits, dammit!LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
The wives are always hesitant until they go to one, and then they get hooked! LOL

YUP! As a reference, Karen has been pestering me the last month as to asking" Have you heard anything on the rally yet? What's going on for the rally and oh 23 more days until the rally!":eek: :hail

RedTruck

Reaction score
I'm guessing if you give them part numbers they will come through. I've ordered a few parts from them that way with no problems.

There are quite a few fellas here that have ordered the CDR oil return adapter that fits between the injector pump gear housing and the oil fill neck for various projects.

If you still have problems, try talking to a tech support person.

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online