Banks parts

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am trying to figure out what to do with my cdr valve, I want to still use it but run an rdt out of it, I found something made by banks called the cdr relocation kit (part number 42243) does anybody know what this actually comes with, and does it come with something to plug the hole in the intake and valley pan? If not I want to figure a way to plug these holes and relocate the cdr myself any ideas? I can't find a tap the right size and I am trying to avoid welding the hole in the intake.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never bought a Banks kit, but I can tell you what might be in there. There is a fitting that takes place of the cover on the IP gear tower, a hose that goes from there to the CDR, Two solid plugs, one for the intake gasket hole, one for the intake, a grommet for the valve cover. Might be wrong on some of it, got CRS.:D

Attachments

• DVC01529[1].JPG
    DVC01529[1].JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

sak778

Reaction score
you could plug the holes with some metal freeze plugs or the rubber expanding type possibly?

YMMV Sean

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's been a while since I posted this but I've been working a lot and haven't been on recently. Thanks for the pics, i ended up welding the hole though. I figured I'll just have to do some modifications with the cdr location, I have not quite figured that out yet.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welding the hole may have been a bit extreme. An expandable silicone rubber expansion plug is all that is needed, and comes in most of the non ATS/Factory turbo kits. I hope when you were welding, you didn't get anything inside.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
i welded up my cdr hole in my new intake manifold only because it was new with no oil issues. heliarc and aluminum welds terrible when oil has gotten into the pours.... banks has a real nice block off plate made just for this hole but a plate can be easy to make.

Last edited:

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't just fill the hole with weld, I cut a piece of aluminum sheet a bit bigger and welded it all the way around, that way I can always cut/grind it off If need be. An expandable plug would hold 30 psi? I won't see that much but thats basically what I want everything to hold too. That's why I welded it haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Staff online