Banks Downpipe

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new Banks down pipe and was wondering what it will take to install one. Just take the old one off and bend back the cab a little? After i install the new one do i have to bend any other pipe? Or can i just run straight pipe off of it? I just want to run pipe down to about the bed and just run it off the side. Thanks guys!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i am not sure on what it take to install pipe after the banks DP but........do you have any close up pics of your intake system? that is probly the cleanest looking set-up i have seen. that is how i imagine mine running when i do it.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sure thing, I have a couple picture. It goes 90 degree silicon 2.5" to 4" then just a U bent 4" pipe off ebay cut in half to a filter out of advanced or some place like that. I think total it cost me under $100. Okay i tried attaching them but it kept telling me it failed. I will try again soon.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be a direct bolt in.
Might have to bend the lip at the bottom of the firewall some.

Thanks ididriver I understand. But can i just run straight pipe after the down pipe, or do I have to bend more pipe until i can get to a point that i can run straight pipe back?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am not sure on what it take to install pipe after the banks DP but........do you have any close up pics of your intake system? that is probly the cleanest looking set-up i have seen. that is how i imagine mine running when i do it.

X2

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone try to tell me how to post pictures. I tried and cant seem to get them up. I have a bunch of close ups. It really is nice when your working on your truck. There is nothing in the way!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To Up load pictures---Go Advanced---Manage Attachments---Add Files---Select Files---Up load. Then Preview to see if you have them.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to upload them but all i get is a little ! next to the download and its says it was failed. I don't know why.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was starting to make me really mad so i posted them under oilburners facebook page in photos.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Yeah sure thing, I have a couple picture. It goes 90 degree silicon 2.5" to 4" then just a U bent 4" pipe off ebay cut in half to a filter out of advanced or some place like that. I think total it cost me under $100. Okay i tried attaching them but it kept telling me it failed. I will try again soon.

i saw your pics on FB. nice job. ME LIKEY lol

was that 180* bend piece of pipe?

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah one piece, that i cut in half, saw a lot of guys on here cut it to the angle they needed. Great idea! Thanks!