Bad day for the '92

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Gentleman yesterday was a bad day for my 92. I was turning into my road and had my signal on. Swung it a little wide and as soon as my truck got into the opening of the lane....BOOM. A kid T-boned me. Caught me right under then bed. The result of the impact pushed me 8 ft on the blacktop. He slid the whole way up to his windshield. Took out the bedside, exhaust, and some of the cab corner.

But like any great old truck...i barely felt a thing, and nothing on the truck is wrong but sheetmetal. But alas on to pics......

You must be registered for see images

m8094538

Reaction score
sorry to hear that bro. is the kid alright, bet his ride didnt fair as well. .

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh kid is fine. he mainly went underneath, but took out the windshield, drivers mirror, fender, hood. and jammed his door

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody get a ticket? Sorry to hear this happened to you. But... on the bright side, you had some wheel well rust and a new bed side will fix what just happened and more. The cab corner's are readily available and not that bad a job I've heard. Hopefully when all is said and done, it will be better than before.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Thanks God you and the kid are OK.

I'm sorry about the damage in your truck but it doesn't look too bad. Nothing a couple of days of working with the sheet metal cannot fix, some muffler work and ready to paint.

In the good ones, and the bad ones, always give thanks to our God. We really don't know how bad our enemy wanted to hurt us but Jesus covered us.

Burt.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody get a ticket? Sorry to hear this happened to you. But... on the bright side, you had some wheel well rust and a new bed side will fix what just happened and more. The cab corner's are readily available and not that bad a job I've heard. Hopefully when all is said and done, it will be better than before.

Yeh after winter it was all going to get redone. Wat sucks is the exhaust was literally less then 2 months old. As for a ticket, called it in to the popo and they said if both vehicles will drive they dont care.:mad: So no ticket, no blame placed etc. The guy wants to settle it outside of insurance, but incase he jacks me around i have his info.......just hoping it doesnt become a problem.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks God you and the kid are OK.

I'm sorry about the damage in your truck but it doesn't look too bad. Nothing a couple of days of working with the sheet metal cannot fix, some muffler work and ready to paint.

In the good ones, and the bad ones, always give thanks to our God. We really don't know how bad our enemy wanted to hurt us but Jesus covered us.

Burt.

Totally agree. The good of it all, in many ways is 1-2 foot left or right, or a taller vehicle, or had i not had the lift in it.....it would have prolly totalled the truck.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
As for a ticket, called it in to the popo and they said if both vehicles will drive they dont care.:mad: So no ticket, no blame placed etc. The guy wants to settle it outside of insurance, but incase he jacks me around i have his info.......just hoping it doesnt become a problem.

:***: So it takes Mel an eternity to get a title to a truck but then you have a traffic accident and no report is required since the vehicles can be driven away?????

Sumpthin sounds kinda fishy to me.cookoo

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Yeh after winter it was all going to get redone. Wat sucks is the exhaust was literally less then 2 months old. As for a ticket, called it in to the popo and they said if both vehicles will drive they dont care.:mad: So no ticket, no blame placed etc. The guy wants to settle it outside of insurance, but incase he jacks me around i have his info.......just hoping it doesnt become a problem.

If he wants to handle it outside of insurance, the best way to get him to pony up the cash is to have his insurance information. If he stalls, you just call. Good luck!

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:***: So it takes Mel an eternity to get a title to a truck but then you have a traffic accident and no report is required since the vehicles can be driven away?????

Sumpthin sounds kinda fishy to me.cookoo

Yeh i told the dispatcher can you send someone out to establish blame, etc.....cause i def signaled, and was turning, and got hit.....not my fault. She said nope not our problem, that's for the insurance companies to decide:dunno

grrrr

FordGuy100

Reaction score
That sucks man, looks worse than mine! Like said it's just sheet metal it will get fixed. Now we have the fun of fighting the insurance companies to make sure they lay for everything LOL

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a check and a buy back offer on my crew cab from not much more damage then that.

Worked out really well for me.

Glad to hear you walked away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle