Bad day for the '92

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh with the mileage etc we will see. I mean worst case scenario i get shafted, but we own a body shop, and the exhaust was done by us, so.....just hoping the dude has some character and does what he said. Though i dont think most ppl realize what this stuff costs to fix

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a truck that was hit like that and totaled for less damage then what you have.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeh i told the dispatcher can you send someone out to establish blame, etc.....cause i def signaled, and was turning, and got hit.....not my fault. She said nope not our problem, that's for the insurance companies to decide:dunno

grrrr

That's because the state won't make any money on it. We have moved from the concept of our Police/Fire/whatever being a public service, to these agencies being for profit corporations. Why do you think they don't have any interest to come to your aid in a wreck, but will be happy to mail you a ticket some robotic device that snapped your picture with a radar gun took? Man I miss the Andy Griffith show. :rolleyes:

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's because the state won't make any money on it. We have moved from the concept of our Police/Fire/whatever being a public service, to these agencies being for profit corporations. Why do you think they don't have any interest to come to your aid in a wreck, but will be happy to mail you a ticket some robotic device that snapped your picture with a radar gun took? Man I miss the Andy Griffith show. :rolleyes:

amen.....kinda like a story i heard recently. Guy called the cops and said "there were 2 guys breaking into his garage". Dispatch said "lock your doors and keep the phone by you. If they attempt to come in the house call back. Until then we are short handed but will send the next available car over asap"........

20 min goes by, the man calls back and tells the dispatcher he "I shot and killed both men that were breaking into his garage".....cops were there in under 5 min.

At the scene the police apprehended the robbers, and said to the man "I thought you shot and killed the men", and he said in return...."I thought you didn't have any available cars."

They really are no longer out to protect and serve....

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well folks heard back from the Insurance company.....Looks like this is considered totalled

Estimate for the damage- $2600

Value of the truck according to Ins- $3200( I think)

Settlement they will give me...$2900 and i lose the truck

or I can buy it back for $700 and keep the difference of $2200

Now mind you guys that I own a body shop, and the truck was getting completely redone this spring b4 this ever happened. So guess it looks like a buy back unless they will settle for a little less and allow me to keep from r-titling it.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont do that, i had this same problem with my f150, i asked them what was the most they could give me without totaling it and took that. fixed my trk myself and all is good,with a clean title, and x=extra money in my pocket.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
As long as the insurance company doesnt get their hands on the title, then they can not brandish it totaled:D Just let them give you the 2200 and call it free bed side and cab corner.

And i would of raised HOLY HELL till the 5.0 came out. They dont want to do **** anymore. I had some A hole hit my house and they didnt want to come out. I told them to send the cops or ambulance, it was their choice.Guess which showed up:sly All that guy would have to do is say "he ran a stop sign and I hit him" then it would all be on you

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh im seein what the bottom dollar is they will give me and go from there. I mean im no stranger to r titled cars. we have prolly flipped 6-8 dif models. But looking around at some diff options. A friend is like dude buy it bas and buy a PSD and swap all the parts and sell the rest?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
No don't go psd lol. I've had two idi's and one psd. The psd did tow better but I just like the simplicity of an idi. Never had a turbo'd idi so idk how they compare power wise to a psd but I'd bet the turbo makes it about the same towing. Just my opinion. Hope this helps

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh im looking at getting a moose and bb codes, but thats $1k+ so till i repair mine, add those mods etc.....im curious if i should start out with a fresh base using a psd?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online