Babe the Blue Ox: progress thread

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I do, but I haven't decided if I am going to use them or not. They are gray power window panels. I guess I need to decide if I am going to convert the back windows or not.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually been watching your power window install. I was going to grab a pair of rear regulators out of the truck I got the panels from, but I didn't have anything to remove the rivets with me at the time. I see you have the coveted blue interior as well. What is the difference in the 87 and 89 panels? My truck has some kind of centurion conversion on the the interior so it had this big wood over head console running the length of the cab and some wood door panel inserts.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oah man, that console is super sweet! you better put that badboy in!!!!
with wood grain panels, i bet it looks slick!!! ;Sweet

if you can get those regulators for cheap, DO IT!!!

here is a pic of the 87 vs. the 89 panels.
the front doors and the rear rear doors have the 89 in them.
they need to be replaced. but i have other things to do with this truck before i bite the bullet and buy new ones.
figgured, id find a simular set on my journeys.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geniusolerts. - That install looks great. Keypad looks slightly different from mine. I think I used parts from a 2000 ford explorer. IDK about yours, but mine had really nice range on it. That was one of the reasons I prefer the factory remote vs aftermarkets. Factory keyless always seems more robust.

Nice truck by the way. Very clean looking.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oah man, that console is super sweet! you better put that badboy in!!!!
with wood grain panels, i bet it looks slick!!! ;Sweet

It's for sale ;)

Junk,

I haven'y gotten a key fob yet. I really just wanted the key pad.

there are some different key pad styles out there. and the explorer ones did change somewhere along the line.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That keyless entry is an interesting idea. The first time I saw it was on a friend's parents' car when I was in high school. Thought it was cool then, always wondered how well they stood up over time. My sister has a mid 90s Taurus that I am trying to get her to part with her 3G alternator, maybe I can liberate the keyless entry as well. I've already had to reset it before, so I know where the control box is

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is where my Alcoas are starting off at

some shots of the seat upgrade

pulled the old seats out. I don't think the back seat was hardly ever used. The front seat is one of the conversion truck seats that I assume were all the thing back in the day.

putting in the new seats

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What seats are you putting in? They appear to be newer ford, but are they F150 or superuty? Also what did you do for a front seat?

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
|stupid what did the new seat come out of and how hard was it to bolt up. I am looking for new seats for my crew cab. Looking good!!!

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 superduty lariat seats. Back seat is drill and bolt with some surface reinforment on the bottom side.

Fronts are pretty much same except I made a plate to cross between the two bolting points on the seats using the original rear mounting hole

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. So did you use any of the original holes or brackets? How much reinforcing did you do underneath?