autometer gauge

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just made arrangements on new gauge for truck! Not same as others I have..but eh...the uber cool factor is really what counts on this one...

An autometer 4373 intake air charge temp with dual probes and output, I can monitor pre/post IC charge air temps now:sly

Best part getting it for $100 bucks! in box as new never installed!

You must be registered for see images

Whatcha think?

Most well all my two other gauges are 2 5/8" pro comps one liquid filled as I hope to have all liquid filled eventually...LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a fluke find I tell ya...guy said he had a pyro...and this is what he shows me...he did have a pyro and it went in his old truck also has a 2 5/8' Pro Comp liquid filled boost gauge...got one already so said pass...

This unit however is well worth it! IMHO...expect $300 range fyi

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
ouch on the price. i typed in the part number on thw autometer website and nothing.

do you know where i could find a cheap yet effective air temp gauge like this for measuring intake air temp?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ouch on the price. i typed in the part number on thw autometer website and nothing.

do you know where i could find a cheap yet effective air temp gauge like this for measuring intake air temp?

Suppose you could use a pyro...just measure temp....is all...right?...

Most likely the same unit...running two gauges...sweet setup for certain!

http://youtu.be/ImwhrV9cLcE

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got an email....from Auto meter...

Hi Al,

Those actually have been obsolete for quite some time, and the components used to make them are simply gone. The gauges in those (as that was a black box module) were pretty much just a dummy gauge head if you will. The black box was the actual major component/brain of the unit. You could only connect one gauge to the unit at a time and the box was used to switch between the two channels, but unfortunately the gauge head and the black box components haven't been made in several years and are completely gone. Aside from finding one used that still works (as we can't repair them any longer), I have no other option. I do apologize for this.

Best Regards,

John
Tech/Service

Auto Meter Products

It would appear they no longer make these units and have not for some time!