Auto Jet Y-Pipe?

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
Auto jet has a 3" y-pipe for pick-ups but not for vans. Any one know if truck and van applications are the same for y-pipes? If not anybody know of a 3" y-pipe for vans? Thanks for any info.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
big van said:
Auto jet has a 3" y-pipe for pick-ups but not for vans. Any one know if truck and van applications are the same for y-pipes? If not anybody know of a 3" y-pipe for vans? Thanks for any info.

The y-pipe configurations are different for truck vs van.
Reasn being, the drivers side exhaust manifold has a different exit angle on the van to accomodate the oil filter angle.
Not sure who would carry a van setup for ya but if ya have a good exhaust shop around, they may be able to bump one up for ya. ;Sweet

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
I called Auto Jet and they said about $300 shipped to PA.
Here's their # 800-247-5391.

:eek: SORRY GUYS, I had a stupid attack!!! The pipe is about $200 delivered! Duh!! cookoo cookoo

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have one on my truck, it was only $149 to my door. Very well made, but not 3 inch to the manifolds, it is like 2 1/4 up to there, then belled up to 3 inch pretty quickly. Reduced my EGT's about 200 degrees, but then I had that 1 7/8 true duals that truly sucked!

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where was is 149? My Y pipe is in fine condition, the increase in flow and power plus the drop in temp is definitely worth the 149 price of admission, not so inclined to buy it at 300. thanks

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Auto Jet used to list the whole system for $299 plus shipping. I ran stacks so I only needed the y-pipe from them. I contacted them as it said for an 85 to ??? 7.3 since Ford didn't have an 85 - 7.3 and they said it would fit the 6.9. Fit it did, VERY NICE fit I might add. At any rate, they shipped the y-pipe with a 12 inch or so piece of straight 3 inch pipe (which I didn't even know was included). The charged me $113 for the y pipe and the rest of $149 for shipping. Had it in about 3 days or so. Not sure if the van is more, but I am sure the cost might have gone up, steel is ridiculous, wouldn't think it would be $300 though! Web site is - Auto-Jet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I just went in search of, here is the page the system I bought the y-pipe came from, note the listing 85 - 7.3 - The system is the middle one, Clicky-Clicky

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
I edited my post on the price of $300 to $200. Not sure if you guys saw the edit or not. I had a stupid attack and forgot the price!! cookoo Now if I can't get a y-pipe I'm thinking about 3"duals or go for it all and get a turbo. Not sure I want to drop all that cash right now. Thanks for all the input guys!!! ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7