ATS turbo

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the time has come to have my turbo rebuilt. Anyone have a good place to send it to have it fixed?:confused:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Majestic Turbo in Texas has done excellent work on my Supra's turbo before, but I've never had them do any work on a diesel application. I suspect it would be the same.

Ryan

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give this guy a shout Ron's Turbo Service 801-842-9186

I purchased a rebuild kit and Banks wheel from him. I sent the check and my turbine wheel & shaft for balancing with the new compressor wheel to him on Tuesday and got it back today. Rebuild kit, Banks wheel, balancing and shipping was $180.

He has a great reputation on the truck forums and eBay and may be able to help you out.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, what happened? And what's it doing that you know it happened? :confused:

Well the fact that there is all kinds of play in the wheel. You can grab the turbo wheel and move it in any direction and i am sure that it is sucking oil into the motor through it.

Just got my IP pump timed today and that solved most of my skip problems. But i noticed on my way home that when the turbo was pumping pressure going up the hills around here that i would get a skip and blue smoke with the skip, on flat lands no skip. it only seams to skip when turbo is having to work.

Hey Eric BTW I will be looking for you to come help when I get ready to swap motors. I know you now have experience under the hood ;Really ;Sweet

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Holler!! We were just talking about how we needed a fainting goat fix! :D The girls want to make sure that their horses are being properly cared for too!! ;Really How did we go from a turbo rebuild to swapping motors anyway??!!

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Holler!! We were just talking about how we needed a fainting goat fix! :D The girls want to make sure that their horses are being properly cared for too!! ;Really How did we go from a turbo rebuild to swapping motors anyway??!!

the goats are going to Colorado tomarrow, the horses are fine and To be perfectly honest this motor is starting to give us problems and with this being Tanyas every day ride I would perfer it not to let her down so the best thing is to get a new motor so I know what it is going through.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Play is an understatement!I have never seen a turbo still work with that much slop!I swear there was over a hundred thousands slop.Also,you could hear a valve that wasn't healthy....plus there was more smoke coming out the CDR tube than the tail pipe so I say it is time for a R&R of the powerplant.Not to mention,you could literally drop this thing in the middle of the ocean and it would rust with all the motor oil on the outside.But the condition of the rest of the truck is grounds for a repower since everything else is pretty good.Typical ford clear coat peel but straight,solid,rust free.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new motor will be shipping soon, Taxes hit the bank motor will be put on an Old Dominion Truck and deliveried to my door. Prolly by me:D get a better rate when I ship with the company I work for ;Sweet ;Sweet

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new motor will be shipping soon, Taxes hit the bank motor will be put on an Old Dominion Truck and deliveried to my door. Prolly by me:D get a better rate when I ship with the company I work for ;Sweet ;Sweet

Dang alot can happen in 24 hours!! Sounds like a plan...the Dewey got some nice new shiny Craftsman tools for Christmas and she's been dying to try em out!! :thumbsup: