ats turbo (advandced turbo systems) worth rebuilding?

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looked at a truck today that has been sitting for 10 years because the turbo sprayed oil all over. I have never heard of this brand.
the other thing on the truck was a new radiator.
tires way shot might be hard to get a on a flat bed with ramps?
how much would this truck be worth?

tractorman86

Reaction score
probably a grand or two if the guy dosen't know what he's got depending what year, body and such.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
A little more info on the truck, F250, F350, 4x4, body configuration (regular cab, crew cab) ect.... would be nice. Maybe try to get a pic of it :dunno. I'd offer the guy $500-1000 depending on condition of it cause I doubt the guy remembers much about it, hence shouldnt know what its worth.

Yes that turbo is worth rebuilding, you could get a grand for a rebuilt turbo setup if its in good shape.

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looked at the diagrams the airfilter box looks like the 085.
I guess I will just go pick it up.
will it fit an 84?
its on an 85.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will bolt right on if you can get it apart from the current rig. It needs a turbo kit(seals and bearings) at least and maybe a new center section. If the 085 is like the 088 you'll love it, it will make that truck a different beast.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding a turbo is easy, provided everything in it is still in decent shape (of course, I've been into a few due to my car).

I rebuilt the turbo in my truck and it's doing fine so far.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
is it a 4x4 f-350 f-250 if so i might want to be buying some parts off of you for my conversion or whats left of the truck

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I bought a rebuild kit for my garrett ats 088 turbo from this guy on ebay. Great guy to work with . If you buy one of his kits, when you get it, you can send in your wheels and a few parts and he'll balance the assembly for free ;Sweet

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turbocharger is a garrett T04B. Very common, any turbo shop should be able to help you.

The airbox for the 085 was used on some 088 systems, mine is like that. To identify the turbo model exactly, go to the passenger side of the engine bay and look at the turbine side of the turbocharger (cast iron, usually rusty) and see if the housing has the letters "ATS" cast into the housing. If yes, than its an 088, if no, its the 085.

The 088 also has the inlet and outlets for the exhaust cast integral with the turbine housing, but the 088 does not.

kf6ivi

Reaction score
I know this may sound basic. When I bought my truck the turbo “sprayed” oil all over the place. It turned out to be just the turbo oil-line had small hole in it.

Ethan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online