ATS Air Cleaner doesn't fit!

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the Silver Streak still sits on the carport. Got some electrical gremlins to sort out. :frustrate I was testing the emergency flashers (getting ready for the safety inspection required here in Tx), and when I turn on the emergency flashers, the fuel pump runs and the glow plug relay clicks on when the turns signals flash.

*click wrrrrr CLICK* *click wrrrrr CLICK* click wrrrrr CLICK* :eek:

You gotta be kidding me! So, got the schematics out last night and I'll start point-to-point troubleshooting tonight after work. The good news is that it starts right up and runs great. I can just hardly wait to drive it!

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, it's an interesting thing - 'Crank' no longer does what it's supposed to do. Turn the key to 'On' and everything comes alive. Turn it further to 'Crank' and there's silence. I can jump the starter solenoid on the inner fender and it starts right up. I'm gonna drop the steering column and recheck the switch adjustment. Then I'll disconnect the harness and read continuity between pins in each key position. Make sure sure I've got a connection when I'm supposed to. That's a brand new switch and I adjusted it when I installed it. But, 'defective from supplier' can always happen, even to Motorcraft and Standard Electric. I'll tell ya Gary, I'd love a simple solution. Seriously.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new Motorcraft starter solenoid after work today. Installed it, turned the key and YEHAAAAW the motor starts just like it should. The solenoid that I replaced was a brand new Standard Motor Parts solenoid. Over the years, never had trouble with any of their parts, so this is pretty unusual. Well, tomorrow, I'll start chasing the dancing glowplugs and fuel pump.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I know you are turbo now, but I have to ask. We were Y pipes the other day and AutoJet came up. I see one in your sig. Is the Y portion just a T like stock or a little more "flowed" with a blending of the pipes?

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The curve is a bit more gradual, and the pipes are bigger. Also, all the bends are mandrel bent. Here's a couple of pics so you can see the difference:

You must be registered for see images attach