associated diesel experience anyone?

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they have a set of injector lines for $345.92 pn dpe8tz9a555set,are they quality lines?The last one i bought was $80 dollars i believe,so its a pretty good savings comparitively speaking,thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Don't buy those way too expensive lines. I have no doubt you paid 80 bucks for one line. Some shops or dealers are thief's when it comes to lines. Try other ebay sellers like accurate Diesel or Conestoga Diesel or as already offered. Members of this forum usually have lines or complete sets and are willing to help. Personally I have at least 3 new sets and many used sets. I bought from an ebay seller several years ago selling 8 lines for something like 50 bucks. They were new and you bet I got them. Well it turned out they were new but all the same line with the Ford part number tag on them. So I watched for more to be listed and bought several more sets of 8 lines. They too were just for one cylinder. So I have nearly 8 semi complete sets of new lines.. We live and learn and when a good deal comes along we jump. The factory lines are very expensive from Ford or International but they are out there just the same..
So why are you replacing all your lines?

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the second line to go bad,i made a couple line clamps that were missing,i dont know how long they were missing,they were gone when i got the truck.I like this truck but is making me crazy keeping it going,i have 2 idis,and both need stuff right now,i guess i'll park bertha for the winter,2 wheel drive dually,and concentrate on the 4x4,thanks for the offer on line sets,i will buy a set of lines from one of the members here a lot better deal just have to get some money going

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason to carry spares? do they like to break or only if missing the clamps?

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not something I'd carry a spare for - truck should still run enough to get you home/a safe spot though it will be running rough and spraying fuel. Chances are good that you'll have to pull more than 1 line and fiddle quite a bit to get the injection pump end on/off, so it's something I would want to mess with by the side of the road.