Article in "Diesel Power" Magazine......

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I just fired off an email to them, which stated that these old trucks are NOT forgotten, and that many are still hard at work every day. They did say that in their article, but it's a bit of an afterthought when the title of the article is "Forgotten Diesels". I included 2 photos of my truck, and volunteered it for a feature article. I challenged them to put it to every test a new truck gets, to see what's changed over the years.

It'll be interesting to see if I get any sort of reply...

Ryan

ya know what? u inspired me to fire off an email (or five, heh) to them as well. around here we have a towing company that has two Pre's with factory turbo IDI's and they love em and use em HARD.

ELIHMAN

Reaction score
forgotton trucks

Think your truck is forgotton. I have a 1980 IH Scout Terra with the Nissian turbo diesel. Nobody ever thinks of those. I also have a 1983 4wd F-250 6.9 4 spd. Eason

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Think your truck is forgotton. I have a 1980 IH Scout Terra with the Nissian turbo diesel. Nobody ever thinks of those. I also have a 1983 4wd F-250 6.9 4 spd. Eason

or how about the old CJ-5's with a Pirkins diesel in them. found a frame with an engine in it local for $1500-Drool

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've often kicked around the idea of a magazine dedicated to the tough ol' beater type trucks, but I don't think it would sell. ....

It would work in the context of a club. I know there is a society of people who collect antique Mack trucks. They have a nice mag. Certainly can't have a very large circulation.

cgraham

Reaction score
Next month they'll probably show us how to put a turbo on a Cummins, again.|sleepy
And an exhaust system on a Powerstroke-Lame . And how to chip a Duramax:Whatever:
I don't even look anymore.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
It would work in the context of a club. I know there is a society of people who collect antique Mack trucks. They have a nice mag. Certainly can't have a very large circulation.

Kinda sounds like an invite to the rally in PA, eh Mel.;Really

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
the article just basically had specs on the 5.9 6.2 6.5 6.9 7.3 and the last page has peformance parts u can get for them turbos exhausts basic stuff that we know about

cgraham

Reaction score
I especially like the feature trucks with 16" lifts and 40" tires and every Banks Power product they could cram under the hood:rolleyes: -Lame . I wish they'd show some real trucks.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
I especially like the feature trucks with 16" lifts and 40" tires and every Banks Power product they could cram under the hood:rolleyes: -Lame . I wish they'd show some real trucks.

ya good luck hauling anything with that mall crawler. dont they know they look really gay doing that to their trucks?

Ray

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
project rust bucket is ok i cant even read the whole magazine like i used to its allways the same old **** from issue to issue its very repetitive ive started reading the mag from the beginning and its just getting cramed full of ****

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ya i think ur right on that one i think its apealing to the new trucks that are out there today and we drive forgotten diesels that no one drives any more or some thing like that