Article in "Diesel Power" Magazine......

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
So I just picked up a copy of diesel power mag and..... on the front cover, bottom corner on the left it says "Forgotten Diesels" and proceeds to list off the 6.9, 6.2L GM, and 5.9 Cummins; Parts, Specs, and Upgrades.....

Anyways, I read through it and it was a bunch of stuff we sort of already knew, but it was a good attempt for the mag. These trucks are far from forgotten!!!! I think I'm gunna have to write into their "postal route" section and let em' know!

Figured ya'll would think this is interesting.....

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Anyways, I read through it and it was a bunch of stuff we sort of already knew, but it was a good attempt for the mag. These trucks are far from forgotten!!!! I think I'm gunna have to write into their "postal route" section and let em' know!

im really sick and tired of that ****** magazine i wish in that ardicle that they would have told us some thing that we dont allready know they must have put that in for filler i dont know they spend to much time on trucks that are out of our or mine for that matter price range race trucks and show trucks i want to see real daily drivers towing stuff cheep upgrades custom work fitting stuff together to make it work dont get me wrong there is a lot of good info i like the older dodge build ups but i rember a few issues back they said that they had build up plans for a 6.9 or 7.3 build up im frusterated at the mag for that forgotten diesel article im just not happy and i have a 2 year subscription i would like to write them a letter but i dont want to **** anybody off im rambling

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Remember that we may already know the info but there is someone out there that knows NOTHING about them. I talk to people all the time that don't even know what IDI means.

sassyrel

Reaction score
69--periods in sentences---or break like i do--its da#$% hard to read that way--

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
i know, im sorry,im just a dumb redneck.With no typing skills. like i said just a little flustered at that magazine.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I've often kicked around the idea of a magazine dedicated to the tough ol' beater type trucks, but I don't think it would sell. Sure, everyone would think it's a great idea, but would you really actually buy it? The profit margins in the magazine world are pitifully thin. Volume sales is the key, and I just don't know if the idea would work. Keep in mind, that advertizing is what pays the bills at a magazine. Advertizing is meant to make people spend money buying new blingy stuff that they really don't need. (If you really needed it, you're gonna buy it anyway) The target audience for such a magazine (Like the guys here) don't have cubic dollars to go blowing on stuff they don't need. Ergo, the big money advertizers would rather advertize their stuff in the rich guys show truck rag.
I know I'd buy a lifetime subscription, but I'm wierd.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I think that instead of asking them to cover older trucks, we should present them with older trucks worth covering.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Well I was gunna send a pic in of my truck for the "readers ride" section or whatever they call it, and just say that these aren't forgotten trucks by any means that there are those of us out here who still (gasp) daily drive them! lol I'm sure that would make a point to them! :)

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just fired off an email to them, which stated that these old trucks are NOT forgotten, and that many are still hard at work every day. They did say that in their article, but it's a bit of an afterthought when the title of the article is "Forgotten Diesels". I included 2 photos of my truck, and volunteered it for a feature article. I challenged them to put it to every test a new truck gets, to see what's changed over the years.

It'll be interesting to see if I get any sort of reply...

Ryan

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Rob needs to send them the pics of his "new CC" along with the story of how he acquired it, and the trip home.