Article in "Diesel Power" Magazine......

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Mercedes are junk, I wouldn't have one...The new Detroits aren't too **** hot either....Me, I'd buy a CAT....Seems to be far less trouble with the C15 except for the newer 07's with Regen issues.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Wow.... peterbilt, freightshaker and kwhopper talk......-Drool -Drool them FL 120's are nice.... but in a big truck i'd want a pete, theyre soooo sexxxyyy. I mean there are some nice freightshakers n kwhoppers out there but ya know..... how'd this topic turn to this anyways? I haven't been on in a few days..... :D

tractorman86

Reaction score
that sounds fun and interesting have u had a bunch of problems with that mercedies engine? i think that the series 60 is one of the best engines out there today they leak oil like a MOTHER F@#$%^& though we've had a bunch of problem with our cats and cummins just typicle bull **** though. but ur right bang for the buck freightshaker for shure take a pete 379 and a FL classic same everything they both haul the same amount but the FL is just cheeper

they aren't just less expensive they are just flat out "cheeper":puke: in every .way:D we have mercedeis in our scraper tractors and they are actually pretty tough some got 5k hrs and no real repairs. i also had one do about the same thing but the person urnning it was a F*^%ing retard and ran it till it blew up. all in all MB's are pretty good

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Mercedes are junk, I wouldn't have one...The new Detroits aren't too **** hot either....Me, I'd buy a CAT....Seems to be far less trouble with the C15 except for the newer 07's with Regen issues.

cats are ok i personally take a detroit 60's i think they are just really reliable in our application anyway but there aint nothing like a F!@%$#* 550 cat 18speed and full locking diffs damn thing would crawl up a wall

FordGuy100

Reaction score
that sounds fun and interesting have u had a bunch of problems with that mercedies engine? i think that the series 60 is one of the best engines out there today they leak oil like a MOTHER F@#$%^& though we've had a bunch of problem with our cats and cummins just typicle bull **** though. but ur right bang for the buck freightshaker for shure take a pete 379 and a FL classic same everything they both haul the same amount but the FL is just cheeper

Yeah but Freightliners are ugly as chit, now a Peterbilt 379....those things are awsome looking. I used to go trucking with my uncle and grandfather when I was a little kid, and they both drove Pete 379's, some of the best times of my life, thats why I like them the best. All Pete drivers get a wave from me ;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wow.... peterbilt, freightshaker and kwhopper talk......-Drool -Drool them FL 120's are nice.... but in a big truck i'd want a pete, theyre soooo sexxxyyy. I mean there are some nice freightshakers n kwhoppers out there but ya know..... how'd this topic turn to this anyways? I haven't been on in a few days..... :D

Agreed hands down ;Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I just fired off an email to them, which stated that these old trucks are NOT forgotten, and that many are still hard at work every day. They did say that in their article, but it's a bit of an afterthought when the title of the article is "Forgotten Diesels". I included 2 photos of my truck, and volunteered it for a feature article. I challenged them to put it to every test a new truck gets, to see what's changed over the years.

It'll be interesting to see if I get any sort of reply...

Ryan

Ryan

I hope they take you up on it. I've sent them pics and short stories about them on more than one occasion without even a "thanks but no thanks". They have even been made aware of the annual IDI Rally and invited to check it out. I believe this website has been pointed out to them on more than one occasion (I'm one). But, like others have said, IDI's don't pay the bills. Personally, I think they are missing out on a very big market share that they don't know exists. If Joe blow farmer or tow truck driver is in Wal Mart and sees a truck that looks like his on the cover, he'd probably pick it up and read it.cookoo And there a lot of those out there. Maybe not as many as those that drive $40K trucks, but a lot none-the-less.

Tom

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
back on the subject there was a readers ride thing about an 7.3 idi a while a go and i dont rember the person or the truck but thats how i found this site and im very pleased with what i see im just flat out addicted to this site and its what ive been looking for

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online