Anyone tried the SUnpro Pyrometer Kit?

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Under $100 for a Sunpro kit.

I like Autometer as much as the next guy, but at half the price its tempting.

Anyone have the Sunpro unit?

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I checked egauges.com has a autometer sport comp pyro kit(everything included) for 129 bucks. Id spend the extra 30 bucks and get american made.

They also have a VDO cockpit series kit for 94 bucks....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
most of that sunpro stuff is pretty much junk.
If you need a cheap pyro, why don't you go to a big truck boneyard, and find an old Kenworth and you'll find a REAL nice older style Isspro pyrometer. Get the wire and probe and it'll probably run you around $30-50 ;Sweet

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the IssPro classic series for under $130.00 including the probe and lead. But as with most things not all of IssPro's or AutoMeters stuff is made in USA anymore. The lower lines are from China Or Korea.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some sunpro guages and they are pretty cheap to say the least. But in a pinch they worked. I still run my sunpro water temp and oil pressure guage. However my Pyro is a banks unit.

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friends cummins has the sunpro guage for his pyro and likes it. its the complete set up lead, bung, gauge and probe. I havent seen a problem with it yet and hes got it all the way up to 1800 a few times and it deals with it fine. I have not seen a problem with it and next pay check im getting one for the idi

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
yeah must be JUST the gauge, i think my thermocouples and the wires were that much! cookoo

Yea, in my inebriated state last night I failed to notice that, but $126 for the Isspro kit (gauge, lead wire, and thermocouple) ain't to bad.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunPro is made by Autometer. Did you know that?

Whirlpool makes Kenmore and a bunch of other brands.

GE makes Hotpoint and other brands.

And the list goes on.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about glowshift, I was interested in a digital one that they have for 109, they any good?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a pyro, I like the ones that don't require power to work. I have had zero problems with my Isspro in 10 years.
Travis..