Anyone looking for valve covers?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I picked up a spare '86 6.9 for $100 with extra valve covers and it seems like someone was looking for a pair. One has part of the ATS pipe in it (no, I missed out on the turbo-cuss ). I'll be getting one set chromed, I mean what's a Chevy without chrome valve covers?:love:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Here's some pics. And the cart I built to haul the engine worked great.

Attachments

• engine 005.JPG
    engine 005.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 21
  • engine 006.JPG
    engine 006.JPG
    776.3 KB · Views: 31
  • engine 007.JPG
    engine 007.JPG
    806.5 KB · Views: 27

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I was looking for a set, but think someone else was as well. Let me know what you want for them.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds fair, if you want to pm me your addy, I'll send you some money. I'll pm you my addy so you can figure shipping. No hurry, I'm just going to have them cleaned and all for later.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You need to be told at-a-boy for posting the best clear pictures I have ever seen on here. Those are cyristal clear... BTW... Whats the on the coolant inlet hose to the block??? An inline coolant heater or what... Sure is interesting looking. Was this a stationary motor setup like for a water pump or??? Nice deal for $100.00 too...:thumbsup:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
You need to be told at-a-boy for posting the best clear pictures I have ever seen on here. Those are cyristal clear... BTW... Whats the on the coolant inlet hose to the block??? An inline coolant heater or what... Sure is interesting looking. Was this a stationary motor setup like for a water pump or??? Nice deal for $100.00 too...:thumbsup:

Thanks. I like to see as much detail as possible. Makes it easier for someone to tell me if I did things wrong.:rotflmao

It was in a truck that either hit something or got hit. It had a turbo, but that was long gone when I got to it. It looks to be a 800watt heater, I can't see any brand except for a T, but it's a model 150C. Someone went to the trouble of cutting the hoses when they took the radiator and they left the heater.cookoo

There was also an '84 dually, which, when I removed the valve covers, had to have the cleanest engine insides that I've seen. Couldn't tell it was a diesel. Too bad it's an early block and we have cold winters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online