ANYONE INSTALL ONE OF THESE TANK TYPE ENGINE HEATERS?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used a heater like that for years. My crewcab only has that type of heater. Worked great for me. Engine would get nice and warm. I would by the larges you can. I think mine was like a 1200 watt unit.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should add. Mine pulled off the side of the block above the starter with a pipe fitting. Then t'd into one of the heater hoses.

That unit looks fine to me also. My unit was actually like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that setup! going to have to get one of those bad boys. That Wyoming deep freeze in January is tough. Please correct me if I'm wrong ! But isn't there a water port on each side of the 6.9 and 7.3 block

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that setup! going to have to get one of those bad boys. That Wyoming deep freeze in January is tough. Please correct me if I'm wrong ! But isn't there a water port on each side of the 6.9 and 7.3 block

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Kats on one of my tractors and I love it. At near zero, I can warm my hands on the head first thing in the morning. Only problem is that little birds hang out on the top of my engine to stay warm, and I run one through the fan once in a while. I'll probably plumb them into my pickups when I get around to it.

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a home in Cody Wyoming and a place in Buffalo New York. In Wyoming it snows but it's normally melted by 9/10 oclock. But in Buffalo it friggen snows and snows and snows. Need I say more. The **** gets deep!!!!! (Veteran of the Blizzard of 77 and a few more) LOL

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These fuel fired coolant heaters are a good way to bug out or git er started during a lights out situation...

You must be registered for see images attach

More info can be found here...

I think they are awesome...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have the biggest wattage (1500 or so) KATS on my old 6.9 and, after about three hours, the temperature-gauge would actually be up a bit and I would already have heat.

The secret to success with those type heaters is to mount the actual heater below the lowest drain-opening of the radiator and "Y" the heated coolant into the lower of the two heater-hose outlets going in the block.

If you just splice them in a heater-hose, you are only getting about 10% of the benefit.

I still have that heater all boxed up and may someday re-install it on the 6BT; the block-heater works so well and the 6BT fires so effortlessly that I just haven't yet had the incentive to add the KATS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online