anyone have info on the 1200hp idi

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found some pics and info searching the net about a 1200hp idi that was built in the early 90's by max legod and put in an old f-100 short bed. i cant find much info but from what i found it ran 9's and hypermax had built the engine wich was a lowered compression 7.3 with twin turbo's. does anyone have any other info or pics of this truck, id sure like to find out all there is to know..

You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Max Legod and Hypermax are one and the same, that was his company. He passed away recently but it was a family operation and they still run it. Those folks would have all kinds of information on it. Theres a reason that they know so much about our engines and build such great stuff for them ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That engine is legondary for the power its made. The block flexs so much that it will pop out freeze plus so... To solve this issue they installed rubber expandable type plugs. I wish I could tell you what the compression ratio is or what the cam profile is but I have never seen that printed anywhere. I do know this isn't a streetable engine....

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iirc
twin compound turbo setup the small turbo is a hx35 size
the big hx50 or bigger
9-1cr
custom fuel system
every hypermax part
girdle
and other goodies

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
iirc
twin compound turbo setup the small turbo is a hx35 size
the big hx50 or bigger
9-1cr
custom fuel system
every hypermax part
girdle
and other goodies

Hmmmmm,.....I thought it was this setup,....

Felpro gaskets, ARP head studs overtorqued, ATS 093 turbo kit, 3" exhaust housing, downpipe, 2.5" up-pipe, 4" straight pipe into 5" tip, DPS stage 1 sticks, DPS turbo cal. pump, Carter fuel pump, 4" intake tube with Napa 6637 filter. 22psi boost.

I could be wrong,,......;Really

:D

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya either is a no duh on that but with 9-1 cr youre effective compression is where it needs to be so itll work
and darrin you should know better thats the 300hp idi man you need some reading glasses

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is the 1200hp IDI built by the Master mechanic himself. This guy has every certification known to man (he told me so)

You must be registered for see images attach

Too bad it didn't even make a 355 mile trip without breaking down.

The above mentioned IDI made a 2600 mile trip, through 3 mountain ranges pulling 15,000lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.