Anyone ever tie the frame together?

sootman73

Reaction score
yea.... but i did make out better after than i was at before! made money on the deal too! gotta love good insurance. and my mom and ins agent want me to drop full cov to save me money now.... ha i dont think so!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
yea.... but i did make out better after than i was at before! made money on the deal too! gotta love good insurance. and my mom and ins agent want me to drop full cov to save me money now.... ha i dont think so!

so your still driving the same truck?

85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Plate ypu were talking about <=> and >=< are called fish plates. Yes you are 100% correct about what they do, But I think you forgot a crucial point. When stress is applied to the weld in a vertical position from the bottom up, you are relying on the end of the weld only to hold (In high stress applications). With the welds being angled you are relying on the measurement of the weld from tip to tip width wise to hold. And this is in a perfect world where stress is only appiled from one exact point of course.

This is the diaganal measurement (between the [ ]) is the weld holding in a prefect world.
.........[......]
.............../
............./
.........../

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
That's it!!! This is exactly what I saw, formed C-channels and huge rivets!

I had pictures of it somewhere, but lost a hard drive at one point and don't think I had them backed up. I'm sure I do somewhere, but have no idea where. If I find them, I'll post them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.