Anyone else running WMO in a non-turbo?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I would start and stop on straight #2 - pick a tank. In my case I use my smaller tank for #2 - I add Diesel Kleen to it as well. My rear larger tank contains my WMO or WMO mix. I would suggest you start at like 25% wmo mixed with diesel to start and see how your truck behave, and up it little by little to see where the sweet spot is for your vehicle. As long as you filter it to less than your stock fuel filter you should be OK with any WMO. YMMV.

I would also recommend carrying more than one fuel fuel in the truck with a wrench and gloves, maybe a mason jar full of fresh #2 to fill the filter with if/when you replace it due to stoppage. Happens to me every now and then.

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you mankypro and Jred for the helpful information, will try mankypro suggestion first then up the mixture. Any suggestions on the fuel filter, I have the pain in the you know where one that drain screws on the rubber bottom. The one that came with the truck, 7.3L (1990) F-350 CC SRW N/A 4.10 e4od. Do they make one not such a pain to change? Thanks. gsgIDI

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
if you go to napa they have several other style filters that will fit onto the filter head and do away with the bottom part. to really make filter changing a breeze you need a electric fuel pump.

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks Jred for the information. I 'll definately check out the local Napa they are really high on the prices here, but I need good filters on my FORD. Maybe electric fuel pump in the future any suggestions on make and model. thanks. gsgIDI

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
here are two good ones, i think it comes down to personnel preference. most seem to use the holley red while a few others like myself have gone to the carter P4594

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24781

there is also a carrier pump that a few have done and like. don't know the number though.

makes changing the filters almost enjoyable just turn the ignition on and press the schrader to let the air out and go. no cranking till the cows come home. you don't have to worry about the mechanical fuel pump diaphragm failing and filling the crankcase with fuel. a rare but deadly problem.