anybody near houston???

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I live in Angleton, Tx (about 45 min SE of houston) and was wondering if there is anybody with a timing meter for one of these trucks nearby that wouldn't mind helping me out. I have timed it up as best I can by ear but would really like to make sure I'm dead on.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the Houston area but don't have the meter. Brimmstone is in Beaumont and I know he has one but am not at liberty to volunteer his services. We did talk about getting together and using it once however so I'll revisit that with him. If it turns out to be a go I'll let you know.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you at exactly? I actually have two meters for timing the IDIs. Call me at 330-728-4659 and let me know when you might want to time it. I'll put it into the schedule and we'll get you set up. I run my 87 1.5 degrees ATDC as view by a lumy probe. My boss has told me several times that mine sounds better and has more of the line response than his Powerstroke. He may be faster but mine is tuned to run. My best mileage to date was going to Dallas and back and it averaged close to 15 MPG. Not bad considering I was flogging it around 80 MPH with 3.55 gears and no overdrive.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What timing meter do you have Brimmstone? I have the MT254 and beg borrow or steal an adjustable strobe timing light. 1.5ATDC at 1400 is justa bout perfect I agree :)

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the old MT480 which is my favorite and the full blown Rotunda unit with pulse adapter and both lumy probes. I'm getting rid of the Rotunda because I just don't like it as much as the old MT480.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I am southeast of houston about 45 min -right around freeport almost due west of galveston(south just a little) I will call you to verify but I think we are headed for east texas during spring break which is the end of March I might try to make it by there then