Anybody got a pic of a 7.3 head ?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hey, does anybody got a picture of the underside of a late 7.3 head handy?
I sent my heads off to the machine shop for a few guides and had them pop all the freeze plugs ( non stainless ones that had been put in during the last rebuild, had rust forming already, very few miles on the engine, so out they came) when they tanked it. Well, The whole clan got the flu and a few weeks later I finally got over there and picked up my heads, and I can't for the life of me remember which of those holes get new plugs, and they did such a nice job of cleaning the things up , I really can't tell. I think it's the four larger outer ones on the bottom,but I'm drawing a blank right now, brain is still in antihistimine and antibiotic fog :confused:
I know the four on the intake manifold side get new ones . My engine is a '93 7.3 turbo engine.

Thanks--------Robert

suv7734

Reaction score
I think I know what you're asking but if not here are some pics of an old head I have here. Hope you're feeling better.

Attachments

• head1.JPG
    head1.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 24
  • head2.JPG
    head2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 17
  • head3.JPG
    head3.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 21
  • head4.JPG
    head4.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 14

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thanks. That's the ticket. Looks like just the two lower outer corners.

I still feel like I've been run over by something. Two different versions of the flu through the house in under two months, I'm just plain worn out. It'll probably be another week before I actually get up enough steam to get down to the shop and fool with the thing, but at least i can get the last of the parts gathered up .

At least I got most of the block cleaned up before, so it's pretty well ready for re assembly. The heads didn't really need the guides, but there were 4 that were a little on the wide end of the acceptable scale and the heads were already off, so...

SKimballC

Reaction score
ower outer corners.

I still feel like I've been run over by something. Two different versions of the flu through the house in under two months, I'm just plain worn out. It'll probably be another week before I actually get up enough steam to get down to the shop and fool with the thing, but at least i can get the last of the parts gathered up .

Robert, man, are you still sick? Its been a couple weeks since I chatted with you and you were suffering then. Bummer. But if it makes you feel any better, I caught 3 different versions of the flu in just over a month.
Get better brother.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Robert, man, are you still sick? Its been a couple weeks since I chatted with you and you were suffering then. Bummer. But if it makes you feel any better, I caught 3 different versions of the flu in just over a month.
Get better brother.

Sheesh Shane, it sounds like you're having about as much fun as we are :puke: I hope you're shaking it off.
We had a whopping one week break from the last creeping crud and we made the fatal mistake of going shopping at Sams club to restock the house and everyone in the place coughed and sneezed on us and 48 hours later , like clockwork, we were all hacking up a lung again. It's so bad in this town, they're talking about closing all the schools and factories for a few weeks to give all the bugs a chance to cycle through.As it is, productivity is at a standstill, everybody is out sick.
I'm getting so far behind on this truck ( and a few customers waiting paitiently to bring their cars in ) we've had to reschedule vacation out west for summer instead of spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes