Anti Gel Treatments etc?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howes Lubricator Diesel Treat is now on my shelf. It's stated to "increase power" however and unlike Power Service clearly stating "Plus Cetane Boost", the Howes does not have such wording.
As long as it Lubricates and stops Fuel Gel I'll give it a try.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late to the party but I bought a case of stanadyne performance from amazon cheaper than I saw anywhere else. I toss a splash in when I fill it up.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stanadyne performance formula here too. I figure stanadyne ip+stanadyne fuel additive= win. Nothing to back it up tho lol

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Up here in the land of frostbite, I've seen trucks using both gel up. :dunno
That said, I've had a truck gel up on me using Howes, but not yet on PS.
I add PS religiously and run #2 year round, costs me $5.15/qt.
It was -10°F this morning, and I used the truck due to 7" of snow falling, the Metro's only got 5" of ground clearance max.

Figor

Reaction score
I have been driving diesels for 20 years. Had two gell ups. Once in my 1986 BMW 524td driving home at 2 am, -5 degrees, 40mph winds. Couldn't get the car to run over 15 mph. Made it 12 miles to a Pilot truck stop. Bought a bottle of hot shot and poured it in the fuel filter. Made it home. Turns out I had biodiesel in it. I usually use Power Service but must not have added any that tank. A few weeks later the same thing with my truck. Started buying non bio diesel after that when possible, filling at the big boys pumps and always carry a few bottles of Hot Shot for insurance. Power service is cheap at farm supply stores and has always worked for me, providing I remember to add it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online