Another what is it?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this thing?

It's an "L" shaped thing, plugged into the harness, but just laying there between the heater hose and the fuel filter housing...

You must be registered for see images attach

It has no holes. Nor attachment points. Nor anything that looks like it could have been plugged into something else.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an amplifier of sorts for the Water in Fuel light. Don't ask me more than that because that's all I know lol.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. :)

You're welcome! I only know because I asked on here a couple years ago!

I just yanked mine out since I don't have a water in fuel sensor anymore. I slimmed my harness down when I reworked my glow plug harness.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did some research.

That little "L" shaped piece of plastic costs 80 bucks??? :eek:

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the water in fuel light relay, I just bought one from my Ford dealership. It was $60.00, I'm going to wire it to my new fuel filters on the frame. I'm moving them from the fire wall and had to use this relay to replace the one in the filter to get the light on the dash to work.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could this be the cause as to why my water in fuel light never goes off? It stays on 100%. I've done the diesel additives, drained separator, quality fuel... at another :frustrate moment.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could this be the cause as to why my water in fuel light never goes off? It stays on 100%. I've done the diesel additives, drained separator, quality fuel... at another :frustrate moment.

Try unplugging it and see if that makes it go out. Could simply be a bad sensor?

Where is your sensor located? The 6.9 had a completely different separator setup than the 7.3 and most people bypass the water separator because they are a very common leak point.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try unplugging it and see if that makes it go out. Could simply be a bad sensor?

Where is your sensor located? The 6.9 had a completely different separator setup than the 7.3 and most people bypass the water separator because they are a very common leak point.

I would bypass it if I knew how. I've read how to do it just scared to screw something up until I learn all the code language going on in the bypass post. Still learning what's what.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is it from a post I read yesterday

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online