Another coolant question (search revealed nothing)

KevSrFord

Reaction score
I hate beating a dead horse but my search revealed nothing.

I just did a full flush a couple weeks back and just finally got my coolant filter on and figured I would test the coolant again since I was under the hood anyway.

On my flush I went with green concentrate coolant (4 gallons) and Ford coolant additive (2 pints) just as it calls for. The day after the flush I tested the coolant and everything was in the ideal range.

Today I tested the coolant and my PPM is perfect and my freeze level is -60 degrees.

The problem is my PH level has dropped down to 7.0 which is just a touch too low.

Everything looks good with the color and all as well.

Is there a way to adjust just the PH level?

The only thing I can come up with online is to add more coolant but at -60 degree protection I don't need coolant. And I know that 7.0 is not way low but would like to bring it up a touch just to be safe.

Thanks for the help.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aleady have too much coolant. Distilled water has a low ph and will lower the ph of the antifreeze when mixed together.

dan-o

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the thread. What did you do? Usually, 1 day is not long enough for a pH test. IMHO. It takes a while to balance out. At least in my experience with chemistry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance