Am I a bad person?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I have effectively said, "F it" and I'm done helping an idiot that I know who recently acquired an IDI, I help him get it running, tell him what still needs to be done, and then he goes and talks to his neighbor and they F it all up... Now it's to the point where it's dumping coolant into the oil, and the cooling system instantly pressurizes when the truck is started, I say head gasket, head, or block (he did get it hotter than the gates of hell), he just told me that it's a combination of the sidewinder and the throttle body (according to his neighbor), at which point I said I'm done with it, once it blows I'll buy a spare trans out of it.

P.S. I think the 1965 IH R185 that I've been instructed to scrap might be a bigger sin.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Sometimes you have to cut and run. Now let the good neighbor handle the F up mess he is createing. Throttle body...:rotflmao;Really Thats a laugh in itself...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol ya some times its better to let them drown them selfs. it sounds like he is on his way to destroying an idi which most people will do as they seem to think that its rocket sicence and mess up anything and everything up. It could be interesting to watch the 2 enstien prodigys get to work and get there hands dirty lol!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've met a few people who do not know how to accept good advice. The bible does talk about them, and recommends you stay clear once the discovery is made. ;Really

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I had a friend in school who had inherited a very nice '89 F350 4x4 flatbed from his dad. Glowplugs were shot, so he had been shown by pop how to give her just a little 'sniff of the good stuff' (starting fluid) to get it fired up.

I spent hours helping him fix all the little things it needed, worn belts, stuck thermostat, etc... little things mostly.

Well at some point he decided that the truck surely deserved to die a miserable and painful death and starting jumping the truck out in the hills where we lived. Someone had convinced him that these ol' diesels "couldn't be killed" and he believed it. Quit checking the oil too. One afternoon I was leaving school and I saw him stuck in the middle of the street with the hazard lights on. Got out to see what was going on, engine had locked up tight! Dipstick was dry, radiator was full of oil...

If I had known then what I know now, I would've handed him over $300 for the truck (dana 60 front axle, zf5, etc..) because that's what pick-n-pull gave him for it... :puke:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I have effectively said, "F it" and I'm done helping an idiot that I know who recently acquired an IDI, I help him get it running, tell him what still needs to be done, and then he goes and talks to his neighbor and they F it all up... Now it's to the point where it's dumping coolant into the oil, and the cooling system instantly pressurizes when the truck is started, I say head gasket, head, or block (he did get it hotter than the gates of hell), he just told me that it's a combination of the sidewinder and the throttle body (according to his neighbor), at which point I said I'm done with it, once it blows I'll buy a spare trans out of it.

P.S. I think the 1965 IH R185 that I've been instructed to scrap might be a bigger sin.

You can help people so much. But some people cant be helped.

Remember you cant fix stupid.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buy the turbo kit off it when he blows it up.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tell him it is the disgronificator. He needs a new one. That should be good for a few laughs.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
btdt. they don't want to listen because they "know what to do". i especially like when they ask you a question, then after you answer it they proceed to give you the explination someone told them was right. ok you know it all then don't ask me for advice!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Been there, done that and would do it again if someone won't take the advice I earned with my own sweat and blood.

Be some good spare parts in her for you once he tried to fix the "throttle body" lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online