Alternative to locking fuel caps

DragRag

Reaction score
If they want your fuel it's gone. I don't use locking gas caps because around here, if they can't go in through the top, they take it out through the bottom, which means a new gas tank after they have punched a whole in yours. Another trick they use is cutting the rubber fuel hose between the bed and tank. That method was employed on me. I have to say, nice write up and idea, but it's only keeping the honest people honest. I personally find through my experience that locking caps and doors are a waste of my time due to the thieves diligence.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they want your fuel it's gone. I don't use locking gas caps because around here, if they can't go in through the top, they take it out through the bottom, which means a new gas tank after they have punched a whole in yours. Another trick they use is cutting the rubber fuel hose between the bed and tank. That method was employed on me. I have to say, nice write up and idea, but it's only keeping the honest people honest. I personally find through my experience that locking caps and doors are a waste of my time due to the thieves diligence.
what you need to do is have a paging alarm put in and don't connect the noisemaker. you live in the best area for SSS;Sweet

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine was hit they just disconnected the line at the tank and sucked it out through the sending unit. I think I may put a tank in my toolbox and only put wmo in my truck tanks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cap makers dont make diesel caps, the emissions system on a gasser has a sealed cap and they just happen to fit a diesel. Put a non locking gasser cap on and it will do the same thing.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its also a good way to keep kids (young kids/etc) that dont know any better from trying to pretend such as grabbing a garden hose and filling you up at the lil tykes mini gas station :sly

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its also a good way to keep kids (young kids/etc) that dont know any better from trying to pretend such as grabbing a garden hose and filling you up at the lil tykes mini gas station :sly

I did that to my dad's 70 impala when I was a kid.:rotflmao I guess my hatred for chevys started early.:D