Alternate air filter ideas for OLD banks sidewinder kit?

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got an original banks sidewinder turbo kit for the 7.3, with the big rectangular box that acts as the air filter and turbo piping. I like the box, I think it looks nice and all but the air filter for it is $90. Instead of spending $90 I’m thinking my best option is to put together some stainless exhaust pipes with silicone elbows, and a pod filter but I figure someone on here might have the perfect solution

what kind of air filter set up do you use on your turbo truck?

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Oh it works, but that's leftover pipe and fittings from when our septic was put in. Literal "**** pipe". But I never hat the ats box that was supposed to hook up to turbo. The bs k&n air filter isn't the best, but I guess better than running the turbo open and no draw on the cdr. Surprised no one noticed my timing cover rigging with the galvenized 90 welded to it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the intake box serves as an intake hat and filter for the turbo you are going to have to replace both to do away with the stock box. I sell an intake hat which will work with your turbo and you can use some 3” aluminum piping to build your own intake off the inducer of the turbo.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Since the intake box serves as an intake hat and filter for the turbo you are going to have to replace both to do away with the stock box. I sell an intake hat which will work with your turbo and you can use some 3” aluminum piping to build your own intake off the inducer of the turbo.
Does the intercooler kits I'm getting from you work well with the snail hat I have? Or does the kit come with the upgraded hat? Curious as to know if I need to order those as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726