Alright, ***...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Okay, this isn't specifically about IDIs but it's about what happens to an IDI, so what would you do. I live in a town house type thing and the association has people that come and do the yardwork, if you like to call it that. Basically they come and mow my dirt, I live in the back so I only get some dirt that is supposed to be grass with no sprinklers. They apparently feel it's only necessary to give the people in the front nice new grass and yards. Anyways, so they mow my dirt, right next to my van and then afterward go around with their yard blowers and blow dirt all over the place and cover my damn truck every week.

When I'm here and know they're coming i leave and drive around until they're gone. But today i forgot they were coming and drove my girlfriends car around all day. When i got home i saw one of them with a blower near the front of the neighborhood and was like.. NOOOO!! So i pull up and my van was friggin COVERED in dirt-cuss . The hood was black essentially, roof covered, like dirt all piled up around the windows, mirrors covered... Like what kind of ****** does that crap.

The yard guys pull around their trailer thingy with a F250 powerstroke with a straight pipe and drive like ***** and their truck looks like they spent some money on some mods and then just treat it like crap, but i still don't see it covered in dirt every week.

So should i go ask these guys politely not to cover my truck in dirt, maybe just don't blow the area around my truck...? Still it'd get covered in dirt from their mowing, just not to the max like they did today. Or should i just go blow some dirt all over their truck every time they come?;Sweet :backoff ;Really Ya know, just help them out a little bit... Only problem is I don't want them screwin my with stuff when I'm not here in some retaliatory fashion, perhaps i should set up a camera to record my truck while they work.

I don't think anything ****** me off more. Maybe if they broke into my truck and stole something I'd be more pissed, but this is about as far as it gets without breaking the law. Technically they are just doing their job but wth, have a little respect for peoples things...

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Eric, I can relate bro.....3 mil+ dollar home gated community...I'm there to tweak a couple small items so my truck is parked right in front of the circular drive and the "imported" landscape crew is doing their best mow/trim/********.
Well seeings how I knew I would only be there a short, I left my winders down :eek: .....ignorant/spiteful rat ******** filled my cab with grass clippings and dust -cuss :backoff

Both myself and the homeowner watched in absolute disgust and anger then to my surprise, the homeowner picked up the phone, called someone high up in the community and in 5 minutes all hell broke loose!

Not only did I get my truck detailed ;Sweet :hail but the landscape company lost their contract of 28- 3 acre homesites ;Sweet

RAISE HELL and get the respect you should not have to fight for!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If it is a town house then there should be a HOA and You could complaint to them and they should get the situation fixed. If You if You feel they will do something to Your truck/stuff just because You ask them not to cover it on dirt then they are a bunch of a$$holes and You can treat them like such. Also they do that for a living and if they have to mow so many houses I would think they don't want to loose a contract like that one and will just avoid blowing dirt in Your truck.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
I would take the time to remove the valve stems from the tires just to wake them up no damage just flat. I'm really a nice guy but I can be very vengeful if pushed.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Eric, I can relate bro.....3 mil+ dollar home gated community...I'm there to tweak a couple small items so my truck is parked right in front of the circular drive and the "imported" landscape crew is doing their best mow/trim/********.
Well seeings how I knew I would only be there a short, I left my winders down :eek: .....ignorant/spiteful rat ******** filled my cab with grass clippings and dust -cuss :backoff

Both myself and the homeowner watched in absolute disgust and anger then to my surprise, the homeowner picked up the phone, called someone high up in the community and in 5 minutes all hell broke loose!

Not only did I get my truck detailed ;Sweet :hail but the landscape company lost their contract of 28- 3 acre homesites ;Sweet

RAISE HELL and get the respect you should not have to fight for!

Geo

Now that's justice!

Eric

Chances are they don't know that they're doing anything wrong or inconsiderate. Politely point it out to them and see if it changes.

Unfortunately, most people look at trucks as work vehicles that aren't taken care of. To be honest, when I see pictures of your van, I see a white utilitarian vehicle. That does not mean your property should not be respected. Most of us here recognize the uniqueness of your truck because of the modifications you've shared through the years. To most, a van is a van is a van.

If you want to turn the table and get a laugh, the next time the "landscape crew" is out working, walk up in a black windbreaker and a black baseball cap with big white INS letters across the front. I'm sure those that don't scatter will be all ears and listen to what you have to say.:D

Tom

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you like looking over your shoulder wondering when those asshats are going to retaliate on your van, I'd leave it alone. Nobody who lives in a apt complex or a mobile home park likes towtrucks. When I visit friends at either place, there's always chickenshit vandalism done to the truck. I live with it.
But if you are going to do something, be stealthy and don't ever talk to anyone what you've done:D

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i had a customer that would plant little garden plants in the yard.
despite them being set off to the side, in one place in a specified bed, the yard guys still mowed over them every week.

She took a 18in peice of rebar and would drive it into the ground, leaving 2inches above the ground next to her plants.

All of a sudden the mowers noticed where the garden was.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having just been to your area Eric, and seeing what kind of folks they are hiring these days to do that kind of job, what are the odds that they know english and understand our work ethic? I'd take pictures and go streight to the HOA and start sending them recepts from your car washing place. Either that, or run a sprinkler on your law every day when your not there.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
the sprinkler is a good idea. If it's muddy they can't blow dirt anywhere and they'll make a mess out of their equipment.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
heck while yer watering it throw down some grass seed - double the application - one dose is for the animals to eat - the other dose is for actual growing...

Heck man their mowing yer lawn for ya, might as well give them something to actually mow....

but then again that would be conforming to rules and we all know that when it comes to me and HOA's I don't like to conform... so I say concrete the damn thing and paint it green - get creative... paint in some weeds LOL

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I'd hide in the van one day and when they start blowing dust all over it, jump into the driver seat, fire it up, and go bat$hit driving around. Or, adding onto the INS idea above, get a bunch of friends and have them all dress up as INS agents and jump out of the van when the yard guys start blowing dust on it.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well i would love to turn on the sprinklers and grow grass and all that but i only have one dinky sprinkler and i don't get to control it. I suppose i could try to find the controls, but the yard guys are supposed to work all that stuff... Unfortunaltey these guys seem to be white americans, no forgien yard works here... :confused: cookoo

I suppose i'll just go the nice route first, if that doesn't work, i'll probably go buy a blower and some dirt...:mad:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the nice route first.

If that don't work here's a couple ides.

1. Install strategicly placed sandblast nozzles (the ones that can shoot a course abrasive called "Black Beauty") and equipment and get a huge air tank. Next time around wait for them to get into the kill zone and hit the valve. It out to be good enough to peel some hide and clean the paint off of their truck.
  2. Get an accurate air powered BB gun and some camo netting and wait behind an open window that has the screen removed and camoflaged. wait for them to get started with the blowers and open fire, torso shots, you don't want to take out an eye and get in trouble. They'll think they were stung. Might not stop the problem but it would be funny to watch them jump and scream a little.

If a talk doesn't work with these morons I'd get down right evil

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The BB gun sounds like a good idea but be very careful. The Beamans R 22 has around 1100ft per second muzzle velosity and way you load it. The thought of them getting stung in the neck I likes....;Sweet Really what Towcat is saying sounds the best. Sometimes you take the lumps and just carry on. Other times its not fair and you act out. I had some "clients" that cheated me out of paying for services whenever they could. I finally got paid in full. What I did was used an insulin syringe on the horse trailer tires sidewalls. Several punctures and even soapy water wont find the leaks but sitting they will loose air. The only thing left to do is replace the trailer tires at a cost of about $150.00 each... Times 4... Times 4 for the truck just for my added intrest. And for the final kissoff I filled their dor locks and trailer locks with super glue and hit it with an excelorator so it sets up fast, no drips to give it away..... I'm not to be messed with for very long. I had a paperback given to me called Getting Even.... In it was all kinds of ideas on how to pay someone back that has done you wrong. You would be very surprised what kind of stink bomb you can make from a simple empty mayonais bottle witn some *** in it plus other items from the kitchen. Talk about redneck revenge......:D :rotflmao