Alcoas

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone wants to add alcoas, they don't have to do the inner
rear wheel, right?

Just put never-sieze (as was suggested to me by Dondiesel444) to the face of the inner steel wheel and on they go?

I wondered if the different types of metals would result in different air pressures, handling problems, etc.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
If you are running the same size tire, same width wheel, the air pressure should be the same.

They make plastic liners to go between the wheels, which work nicely, and don't sling grey crap all over the wheels/tires. They fit over the studs, and do not compromise lug nut torque. if you've ever acidized an aluminum wheel, that has anti-seize on the studs, you end up with black stripes down the wheel, that are damned tough to get ride of.

You may have to get longer wheel studs, as aluminum wheels are considerable thicker than steel.

If you have stud pilot wheels, you can get conversion thimbles, to attach the inner wheel, with extra length, so you have plenty of thread through the aluminum wheel.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess Alcoa dealers sell these plastic inserts? Sure makes a lot of sense!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online