Airlift or Firestone and why? - Airsprings

kblackav8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to know which is better. I seem to remember someone mentioning they had a problem with the hardware or bracketry of one of them. I am ordering soon and interested in any pitfalls or must haves. Thanks.
Kevin

ripsaw

Reaction score
I have the Firestones on my truck with onboard air. I had to do a little modification to the brackets to fit around my B&W gooseneck hitch. That was before they came out with the newer version that works with the GN hitches.

Wasn't too bad to get them in and working right. Gotta say I really like having them. I didn't have the onboard air on at first and that really sucked if you needed to air up. I would surely get the onboard air right away while you're at it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Cobalt drill bits... They are harder than your std high speed steel bits but not as brittle as carbide (won't snap them off as quick when running a hand drill)... Cobalt will make the frame look like butter when comparing the performance to HSS bits.

kblackav8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got R done. Took an hour+ to drill 4 holes even with new cobalt bits. Sort of a PITA all around but I think it will be well worth it. I am considering doing the front end as well.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I have AirLift bags with the SmartLift. Set it, then as a load is added, the pump comes on and levels it back to normal. Real :thumbsup: . Kinda spendy though. OkieGringo

NVCowboy

Reaction score
Part "BUMP" and part question. Front airbags? They have them for the front? Anyone ever use them on the front? How is the ride? Almost like a leveling kit? Havent even got close to the suspension yet, and I want a little lift in the front, but not getting crazy due to sensible nature (crazy looks great on other peoples trucks, and I apprecaite you guys for it). The front bags seem like a neat idea since I would need leveling kit if I ever got the bags anyway. Ooops, I would need the bags if I ever got the leveling kit. I got that a little back-asswards there for a second. THanks again for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online