Airbag suspension questions

kblackav8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple questions for you experienced guys:

1. What is the best/most versatile airbag kit out there? I have a truck camper and have towed with it in the past. I have the Torklift hitch system. I need a bit more support in the back.

ON Edit - Anyone running that air lift suspension system?

2. Kit that works with a 5th wheel or goose hitch in case I upgrade later?

3. Anyone remove leafs from their springpacks after they add airbags? I have heard mention of this before for running unladen to soften the ride.

4. Who's gooseneck is the best aside from those air hitches (which are scary expensive).

This is for my duallyized 2000 Ford F-250.

Last edited:

bct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read "On another popular diesel forum" that the kelderman 4 link isn't what its cracked up to be. They dont have the famed customer service that say Brian @ BTS has. The fitment isn't perfict. And its SUPER expencive. Link makes a beafy air ride and firstone has one also. These completly replace the entire rear suspension. The systems that don't remove the rear leaves will say "NOT FOR LEVELING" or something like that.

***On edit, only the Kelderman superduty kit is 4 link. The 97 and older is bags connected to the rear shacles of the original leaf pack. Have to use thier hitch also***

From your question I get the feeling that your just talking about load leveling bags though. An inecpencive set of firestones will work quite well. You "can" pull off the stock overloads and probubly pull 1 spring out of the leaf pack. I'd only really feel safe with doing the 3rd or 4th leaf from the top. You could also use this as an opertunity to lower the rear end if you so desire. Since you'll be useing the bags to level it when loaded, and prolly takeing leaves out for unloaded ride charitoristics, you wont have to wory about it dragin the rear bumper when loaded. Just swap the stock block for a shorter one.

Lastly I "Think" all the firstone kits work with both gooseneck and 5er hitches.

Firestones can be had for as little as $210 a pair.

kblackav8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think with a torque arm or traction bar system or some means of controlling axle twist, leafs can safely be removed without risk. Pete air trak would be a nice upgrade...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7