Air leak/Fuel tank pick up tube problem/questions

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Well, my air leak problems continue.
The latest is my rear tank. I put 8 gallons ($20) in my rear tank, and in 38 miles, it's running out of fuel on the rear tank. Since I've had the truck, it's had about an 11-12 gallon capacity in the rear tank, now, while it's over 2/3 full, the guage doesn't work, so I go off the odometer, it's running out of fuel.
How high up do these pickups break off?
Also, if I have a leaking rubber line somewhere, that's letting air into the system, then when the engine is running, with pressure in the fuel system, wouldn't there be a fuel leak?
This is driving me up a wall!!!!!-cuss :mad: -cuss :mad:

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Well, I still have an air intrusion problem. To my other question, If air was sucking in while the engine is off, the wouldn't there be fuel leaking while the engine is running?

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
If air was sucking in while the engine is off, the wouldn't there be fuel leaking while the engine is running?

Probally not since the fuel pump pulls the fuel rather than pushes it. The fuel pump can pull in air easier that it can pull fuel. When parked and not running the air seeps into the lines and the fuel drains back into the tank. Also, just because there is a hole big enough for air to get in doesn't mean that the hole is big enough for fuel to get out.