Air Intake Question?

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Eric,
click on my 'garage' over at the left... there's a pic of my setup.

i used the same 4" roof vent that Okie is modeling for us, then 'massaged' it into an oblong opening, riveted it to th e90* elbow & a HD 4" flex dryer duct & then just wedged it in place where you see it.
works well & lowered EGT's a tad, plus i'm not worried about water... i would've gone through the rad support, but the 'non-brick' 92 & up bodystyle requires removing headlights & there respective mountings, not just the grille - maybe one day?

on edit: click on Mel's link to see Mosse Air ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
You've removed the flat part going up to the front of the hood? And you left just the tube coming off the air filter housing? I take it you've had no ill effects from this then.

Se' Senoir. I put Moose Truck batteries in Lady Moose, and they were taller than what the 93 calls for, and that piece of plastic interfered with mounting the battery. I want to switch her over to a Ghost tube (and the Moose Stang too), but haven't had the time or $ to do it yet.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
F350camper said:
hey russ, how does the early square banks intake work? Does it have like one chamber on the top for the filtered turbo inlet, and one chamber on the bottom for the compressed turbo air charge into the engine?
Yep that's how it work it's all one casting with two air chambers in it.
The air comes in the from the air intake hose to bottom of the housing into the center of the air filter, then the air flows 'backwards" to the outside of the filter then into the turbo. Then from the turbo into the intake. The way its made there is a channel cast into the housing that the air filter sits in. There's also one molded into the lid. It takes 6 or 8 bolts to remove the lid to get to the filter(K&N).
I've never been a fan of K&N filters for non racing applications and the filter never fit well in the housing. So I did away with the K&N filter and added an Wix open element to the air intake. I cut down my factory air 'scoop' to make room for the filter. I also had to move the windshield washer bottle back by the master cyl.

Eric, yes I'm pulling hot air in from under the hood that is why I cut down the air scoop to re-direct the cold air as in a ram air effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert