Air Blowing though the Intake? HELP

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
Hello im new to the PSD's i had an idi before so not used to the psd's yet. Ok well i picked up a 1995 F-250 with the 7.3 auto tranny and 4 wheel drivemgot it for 500 bucks.;Sweet The PO said he thought the Computer might be bad because he said it didnt run right. The last time he drove it was october of 08. Well needless to say i bought it took it home and did some basic things to try and get it started. Then i checked the fuel filter, found veggie oil in it. So i took the tank out and it looked like the retard never ever filterd the oil!!!:mad:. So i cleaned the 2 inches of junk out of the bottom of the tank, blew all the lines out, cleaned the fuel bowl Filled it with fresh diesel, and tried to get this thing running. took alot of time but i finally got it goin, sounds like it runs great, no misssing or anything, my question is its blowing air back though the intake to the air filter. Any ideas??:dunno The truck runs well and has lots of power still, just that thats making me wonder. Any help greatly aprricated. Thanks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you know that it is doing this? Your feeling it with your hand? Hold a smoke generator near the air filter and see which way the smoke goes. Sometimes air flowing over your hand can trick you into believing it is going the other way.

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
We had the black intake tube off. The one that goes from the filter to the turbo. But I will try your idea when I get the chance to make sure. An other thing is you can only drive it for a couple miles then it wants to die on you. Can that be the heater in the fuel bowl doing that?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you take the black tube off you have the metal or plastic ring that the tube seals onto.the CCV is in there and you may feel the pressure from the crankcase hitting your hand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online