Air bag question

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22.5's shaved down to 22" so that you can run 30 series car tires are not what i thought we were talking about.

that is the right clip for that truck.

and there is no bed in that truck. the frame notch is so big it's gunna have a permanent tonue cover.

air bagged tow rigs do work. but you gotta know what you are talking about. and build the system right. with the right parts.

I LOVE that truck. Always wanted to build a layed out crew cab dually on milled 22.5's. Only problem is it doesnt lay all the way. At a quick glance it looks like he ditched the Ibeams too (no crazy camber)

As for your questions- go with double bellow bags rated at minimum of 2600 lbs all the way around- non bellowed bags (semi or helpers- which are too light duty anyway) will try to roll over as you lift especially in the front due to angle changes. For the rear the general recomendation for towing or heavy use is paralel 4link with panhard or watts link, or a very heavy duty built triangulated 4 link.
On 22.5's you will need to have the bead seat milled to 22" to fit a normal tire so you can run something lower profile- no this does not cause any issues that i have ever heard of.
There are quite a few companies out there to choose from as far as sourcing parts- alteredaltitude, airassisted, suicidedoors, airbagit, waylayedinc, strretnshow and many more. I have dealt with a few, they mostly seem decent to deal with with some having longer shipping times.
If you have more questions just ask- this is what i do for fun so i am usually knee deep in it anyway- i have 2 bagged vehicles myself- 1 is IDI powered, my brother has 2 bagged vehicles as well- 1 of them is IDI powered too ;)

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE that truck. Always wanted to build a layed out crew cab dually on milled 22.5's. Only problem is it doesnt lay all the way. At a quick glance it looks like he ditched the Ibeams too (no crazy camber)

why not get rid of the i beams and go with an f 450 front beam and convert lug patterns. i know that the 450 10 lug is small and not the same as big rig, but just a thought.

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not get rid of the i beams and go with an f 450 front beam and convert lug patterns. i know that the 450 10 lug is small and not the same as big rig, but just a thought.

Solution we found for my brothers truck is full custom frame with custom control arms, much more fun :sly
Front beams are generally too high to lay all the way without clearance issues. My truck runs a custom solid beam with older e350 spindles that have kingpins. The beam hangs low to clear the oil pan.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
i dont know if i want to have it lay frame just yet i do know i want it to tuck real nice though.