Air bag question

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have anymore pics of that truck? if those are 22.5s on there i think theyre too big now im thinking some 19.5s or even some 18s?

that was the only pic i have and they are 22.5's. that pic came from a thread on big rig rims 4 or 5 years ago. i can't remember which board it was on cause the question comes up every 2 months or so on all of the boards i am on.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

22.5's shaved down to 22" so that you can run 30 series car tires are not what i thought we were talking about.

that is the right clip for that truck.

and there is no bed in that truck. the frame notch is so big it's gunna have a permanent tonue cover.

air bagged tow rigs do work. but you gotta know what you are talking about. and build the system right. with the right parts.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha, every time i post that pic it gets the same response->:puke: and a couple of that's cool's. fwiw i think the guy said he tows with it:sly

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i love it dude thats all im into bagged trucks minis fullsize anything low i guess im the odd man out here ... also to the OP i would consider not doing business with airbagit.com / chassic tech they have a pretty bad reputation with extremely poor craftsmenship

i would highly recommend http://www.suicidedoors.com/front_page ive done business with these guys alot and they will make anything you want and have alot of great prebuilt products i bagged my 87 chevy with all their stuff http://www.c10forum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=16&pictureid=106

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
So I got an email back from the guys at Airbagit and I'm looking at just about $1800 or so for the setup, that's the parallel four link, bags etc and the 3" drop I-Beams. The I-Beams are badass they're fabricated and built really well and they have them for all sorts of Ford trucks, they aren't to bad price wise either.

thats the company i used. i've never lowered a truck cookoo, so i can't attest to that kit. some people have good luck with them, some will curse there name till the end of time. i had to heavily modify the kit i got from them, no biggie as i was expecting as much. just an fyi, it will be three years since i installed the set up on my truck(daily driver and all) and the bags are starting to crack and peel. life expectancy of the bags isn't that great.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
thats the company i used. i've never lowered a truck cookoo, so i can't attest to that kit. some people have good luck with them, some will curse there name till the end of time. i had to heavily modify the kit i got from them, no biggie as i was expecting as much. just an fyi, it will be three years since i installed the set up on my truck(daily driver and all) and the bags are starting to crack and peel. life expectancy of the bags isn't that great.

ya bags cant be expected to last forever BUT some of the new bags out these days (airlift dominators, slam specialities re series) ive seen some daily trucks come in for work and be a few years old and look almost brand new its all about the qualitly of the install

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
ya bags cant be expected to last forever BUT some of the new bags out these days (airlift dominators, slam specialities re series) ive seen some daily trucks come in for work and be a few years old and look almost brand new its all about the qualitly of the install

we have an Air ride technologies kit on our 57 chevy but that stuff is stupid expensive.

Ive been thinking about putting a C-Notch in the frame maybe a 5" and then a 4-link setup with bags and 3" lowering i-beams up front with bags there as well but im still in the planning stage so who knows

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
well i plan on baggin mine to and here is my plan hd weld on 4 link from suicidedoors.com with airlift hd/semi bags on the rear with the 8 piece weld on notch then the front is bag kit they make 4 inch drop beams beltech makes them then z notch the front.

in case you dont know z notching means you cut your frame in front and behind the front tires and raising that section up giving you even more drop.

but another issue you run into is making your steering linkage match up and motor to hood interferance that is fixed by modifing the motor mounts... dont be scared thought its only metal lol