Agnem will you please repost your 555-timer glow plug controller plans

kf6ivi

Reaction score
Agnem will you please repost your 555-timer glow plug controller plans.

I have search high and low for the timer plans. I can not find them. The old link is dead on the other web site.

Thanks do much Ethan

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Full Manual controll;Sweet Once you push the button the GPR is energized for a preset time. The time on is controlled by the values of one of the resistors. I have built similar 555 timers for use as high voltage ignitors. Its a solid design.
Ken

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, so the glowplugs will always work for one duration of time, regardless of weather conditions and such? How's that better than solid-state? You can control that one manually too, if needed...

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Couple of questions...What is the 555 piece? And what are the uf Falues? It has been a while since I have had to do one of these but I think I will have to do this as I continue to HAVE to open the hood to jump that stupid P.O.S. Never has it worked...

SWS

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like there are at least 2 capacitors if not 3 and uf is micro farad and it is normally written like this µF.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just copying it in from another program is the easiest way.

kf6ivi

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the plans.

I plan on using the timer in my truck as a safety to the stock controller I will be putting it inline to the glow plug relay. This way if the stock controller fails it will not take out my glow plugs. I would go full manual push button but this truck gets loaned out to close friends, family and the wife may drive it. (I know do not loan out trucks, I am very picky about whom I loan it to)

Thanks once again
Ethan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online