aftermarket camshafts?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Simple economic answer is nope... The typ4 cam is the only cam thats working for us. We did have a member thats long gone now... He "claims" to have had a grinder say he could make us what ever we wanted... For $1800.00......:eek: Shut the front door.... Comp Cams has been approached but they have no interest in us. Hypermax may have a cam design thats available for their 1100 hp idi but thats not a street driver at all. That was one hell of an engine making ungodly amounts of hp and torque... So much so that the freeze plugs would pop out so rubber expansion type plugs were needed. Way too much block flex...

cowboytueller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1800! thats insane! well thanks for the heads up. I'll look at hypermax's site and see if they got a cam. This type4 cam, where can I find one of these and is it a low rpm cam?

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I seem to remember, there was another guy who did a re-grind cam. It was in a shootout between the type4 and his. The other had higher peek numbers, but the type4 had much more area under curve, and much faster torque buildup. Which is MUCH better for everyday driving, or work of any sort. It was a writeup a while ago, but it did convince me, that if I do cam it, it's gunna be the type4 cam. Keep in mind this was written up by the other guy.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a torque grind and makes very good low end power. Just contact me anytime.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya there is another cam. It is more aimed at high end power but it did have a pretty nice curve. It was just shifted to the right compared to a Typ4 cam. Both cams are pretty decent and are a huge upgrade over stock...

Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
War Wagon, what is your power goal on your project? Also my best friend Justin Jackson is in the border patrol up there in Havre...