Added two more doors.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL we'll see.
Forgot:
You must be registered for see images attach

That's the temp gauge and where it's going until I find one more worth while gauges. Then my un cut bezel will go back in and the pillar pod. Planning on a coolant temp no idea on the second, maybe fuel pressure for diag purposes

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hadn't planned on it so soon but came across a decent deal. So the beat up box is coming off for the flatbed with out that fuel tank.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's steel sprayed in silver. Truck used be be in shows before truck was sold. If you got the same number I'll text you more pics

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned head bolt holes today. I'm not sure how many other people do this but here's my preferred method.
Before, only removed alignment dowel.

After thread chaser. Doesn't do much for cleaning. Not talking repair.

After stainless bore brush. Used two sizes, one for the dowel bore and one on all head bolt hole threads.

I fill each bolt hole with brake clean and let sit for a few minutes and with my driver on reverse I press the bore brush down the bore and let the brush push it's self up. If you put your driver or drill on forward it will bottom out the brush and destroy it if it's to big for the bore. Just 3-4 passes each bolt hole removes most rust and oil. Blew the bolt holes out when done. Don't even bother with taps or thread chasers in the head bolt holes any more. It's rare to need to on head bolt holes after cleaning them. You will have to use your own judgement if it needs a tap or thread chaser afterwards. Every thing else I do use a thread chaser though.

Box of brushes from Cornwell was $12, obviously they can be found cheaper. These just fit my driver, the box has sizes to fit Detroit DD head bolt holes and the 6.9 block.

Last edited:

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Why had I never thought of using bore brushes to clean up the bores...more tricks than the X-Games.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont tap head or main bolt holes, always brush then chase if needed, usually make a chaser out of one of the old head bolts.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont tap head or main bolt holes, always brush then chase if needed, usually make a chaser out of one of the old head bolts.

make it a 2-3 flute bolt and donski!

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why had I never thought of using bore brushes to clean up the bores...more tricks than the X-Games.

Because you came from Brattain. ISIS says to run a tap in the bolt holes.

Good pointer Russ about the mains. I don't get to keep head bolts though. It's almost always warranty.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of different platforms come in to "lose" a couple head bolts on. Lol.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured. But repurposing couple head bolts ain't a bad idea if your a fleet guy in need of a cheap thread chase or head alignment studs.

Chit picture. I've measured all my installed heights. Shims on order. Have one head pretty well cleaned up. I've done more then just clean head bolt holes.

Last edited: