Added two more doors.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you are keeping your AC it appears. My big concern right now is will it all fit up there. The OBS trucks seem to have a touch more room. You are about to put a bow on this. I'll be real curious to see what your in and out temps are.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm keeping it. I kept reading and hearing a lot of scuttlebutt about the header and grill having to be trimmed and how tight things are when keeping the AC. It really hasn't been too bad so far, the CAC looks like it belongs. Biggest pita has been keeping the cooling system whole during the modifications. Would have been so much easier being able to pull the radiator out to trim it but with a right angle grinder it worked out fine. My intake isn't welded up yet so for now I may plumb it using the Ford/ATS hat.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm keeping it. I kept reading and hearing a lot of scuttlebutt about the header and grill having to be trimmed and how tight things are when keeping the AC. It really hasn't been too bad so far, the CAC looks like it belongs. Biggest pita has been keeping the cooling system whole during the modifications. Would have been so much easier being able to pull the radiator out to trim it but with a right angle grinder it worked out fine. My intake isn't welded up yet so for now I may plumb it using the Ford/ATS hat.

the ATS hats are hard to come by!!!
dont weld it!!!
ill buy and send you this one if you send me yours when it gets in....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blow-Throug...wer-/111783781987?hash=item1a06d52663&vxp=mtr

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not what's getting welded. Was planning to do what HDF250XLT posted in the intercooler thread, basically slip a pipe in the hat.
Having my extra intake welded up, kinda like a R&D intake.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not what's getting welded. Was planning to do what HDF250XLT posted in the intercooler thread, basically slip a pipe in the hat.
Having my extra intake welded up, kinda like a R&D intake.

well, if you wanna sell that ATS hat, im your man ;Sweet

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i still need to have the pipes welded in on both of my hats.the jb-weld is working ok but it's probably only a matter of time until that cracks again lol.log trucks is the only one iv had issues with but i think cus i honed it out a bit too much.anywho a nice proper welded on pipe will make 'em proper.i got the pipe but i need to find a local welding shop who welds aluminum now.rained out today,im taking advantage of some calls i haven't had time for.this one should go on the list for today too.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do pop up here and there. I bought one a while back. When you see one, you better buy it though if you need it.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^leave it to you to find something cool like that LOL

Thinking if I ever do my intercooler project I may just have to build my own hat. After this discush i shore won't be modding my ATS hat LOL

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i still need to have the pipes welded in on both of my hats.the jb-weld is working ok but it's probably only a matter of time until that cracks again lol.log trucks is the only one iv had issues with but i think cus i honed it out a bit too much.anywho a nice proper welded on pipe will make 'em proper.i got the pipe but i need to find a local welding shop who welds aluminum now.rained out today,im taking advantage of some calls i haven't had time for.this one should go on the list for today too.

if ya wanna trade, pm me...

ok enough hijacking Leelands thread... sorry buddy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, I screwed up his screen name. FORDF250HDXLT.

IDIoit, you may have to fight Russ for it. He expressed interest in it while back. The pressure chamber though might be a good alternative if it has a thick base to seal against.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got sent to Daimlers NW training facility again this last week, aside from getting caught up in some FNG's bs on here I haven't done much, just training and work.
Kinda a continuation of the clearancing for the cac. Left overs of what I took out of a newer aluminum radiator.

Got around to drilling/tapping the cac today. I moved locations slightly, had room for it and wanted the sensors a little more direct stream.

Greased tap, stuffed rags in the cac and away from the drill area, inlet and outlet ports faced the ground. Vacuumed out ready for a steam cleaning and install. Now to figure out plumbing to the intake with out modifying the hat on the cheap since couple of you want this hat.