A deal too good to pass up.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The freshly painted frame, looks good. I pressure washed it and my cousin needle scaled any loose rust off. The used tires are like 90%, a really good buy for $260 for the set....The price of one brand name tire new. These are 245-70-17 General Ameritrac’s. They are 1/2 an inch taller than the stock 255-65-17 tires but close enough. The mirrors are new take offs from a 2011 F150, mint condition....$150 for the pair, worth $200 each if they don’t work with the electrical connector.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
She's done, $5139 on the road with taxes paid and all parts included. Fresh MVI sticker on it too. $5500 once I have it detailed and rust-checked this week. It took about 70-80hrs, we changed a lot of stuff like new Motorcraft platinum spark plugs, one coil pack, steering shaft, all 5 brake hoses, front brake dust shields, tie rod end, new 2011 style mirrors, tranny cooler line, t-stat housing, rear end cover, heater motor resistor, fan belt, egr valve, full service (oil and air filter) and more used parts as well counting the new frame. We removed all the loose rust and brushed on some tremclad...I had to weld 2 patches on the box crossmembers too. I have it on Kijiji for $12,000obo or trade for a 4x4 reg cab 4x4 with an 8ft bed of the same condition and value. I'm probably going to sell my 92 F350 and 06 B2300 as well and get one newer Ford 4x4 to plow with and drive daily....I need to cut down on the bills a bit (goverment job with a pension but the pay sucks) and maybe get out of plowing all together as I'm not making enough money to make it worth all the effort. If I can't get $9000+ for it or a good trade I will keep it. Too nice a truck to give away....LOL

Last edited:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i take those generals off alot of new trucks. the wet traction sucks. i prolly junked 5 sets in the past year that were 90%

Butcherman

Reaction score
If it uses the same frame as the 2012 f150, there is a lot a couple of miles from the Ford Claycomo, MO assembly plant where they unload frames from the train, they set in the lot until loaded on flatbed and taken to the plant.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool glad you got it done. So did you pull the cab the same way? Jack up the truck and drop the frame from under the cab? Never thought of doing it that way. Pretty cool idea. What did you do when you rolled the new frame under? How did you get the rear axle past the jack stands holding the cab?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I did it as you think using 2 cherry pickers. One end on stands and the other end going up a little at a time - back and forth so it would be stable as we lifted it. Once the old frame was dropped down we cut it in 1/2 and pulled it out. We fed the new bare frame between the stands on it's side with the two cherry pickers....Quite easy really. It wasn't a hard project - just took some time because we changed so many parts to fix what ever was wrong with the truck.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I"ll have to keep that in mind. pulling cabs is always a lot of work. Hope you do well selling it.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'm watching things locally for a 4x4 that I might be able to straight trade for. I have my eye on a 04 reg cab 4x4 with a 5.4 - I'm going to check it out Tuesday when the lot is open again.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yep, they tried to pick it up with a two post hoist and it just crushed it so they stopped...LOL....The dealer where he bought it new wouldn't take it on trade either. The new frame is near mint. I won't be dissappointed if I can't sell it for a decent profit - it drives like new. It just means I couldn't cut back to one truck as I need a 4x4 to plow with in the winter so I would have to keep my dually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online