A/C Question.

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well definitely not a 96 diesel, considering that it would be a powerstroke, and the mechanical tranny would not like the computer controlled engine. I'd wager to assume the diesel models stopped with the IDI at very minimum, but maybe even prior to that. I guess we would have to ask a Ford insider on that one hahaha. I certainly have never seen,nor heard of one myself either.

Reggie f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply, my truck was built in 4/92 and it is serpentine. Also should point out donor truck was a gas 302. It still fits, only difference is high pressure hose off compresser is a little long. Just curved it around. ID tag on hose assembly says 5.0/5.8 so i would guess they would all be good donors.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I have an incomplete, on vin sticker, F350 flatbed with a 10/91 sticker that is still v-belt but when I order some parts, they are listed as 92 but some (AC parts) are 91. Being manufactured late 91 I believe it was sold as 92. That's what year is on my title.

It happens. I had a 78 Dodge van that had 79 wire color changes because it was made so late. When chasing down electrical gremlins, I had to go by the 79 wiring diagrams. I know it was a 78 since it had the round headlights, 79 changed to rectangle.

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens. I had a 78 Dodge van that had 79 wire color changes because it was made so late. When chasing down electrical gremlins, I had to go by the 79 wiring diagrams. I know it was a 78 since it had the round headlights, 79 changed to rectangle.
If for that reason alone I need to stop by local airstrip store and buy an aircraft logbook and start noting those changes and nuances about this particular vehicle and keep the log updated with all maintenance records and mods.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
If for that reason alone I need to stop by local airstrip store and buy an aircraft logbook and start noting those changes and nuances about this particular vehicle and keep the log updated with all maintenance records and mods.

I went by the Haynes manual's 79-83 schematics/wire colors which matched the 78's wires.

My 87 6.9 has the 7.3 glow plugs (bullet terminals) and glow plug system with the relay/controller behind the CDR which is normal but it's funny they changed it for the last 6.9s instead of waiting until the 7.3. When looking up parts, it shows the correct 7.3 parts for the 87 6.9 so it's not a fluke, it's just the way Ford changed the system before changing the engine bore.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I would guess that they changed that set up for the body style change that happened that year, not for the engine change that happened the next year. New body and interior, new wiring harness. Naturally, the engines don't care whether they are wired as a 6.9 or as a 7.3.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I would guess that they changed that set up for the body style change that happened that year, not for the engine change that happened the next year. New body and interior, new wiring harness. Naturally, the engines don't care whether they are wired as a 6.9 or as a 7.3.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online