96 stumbles when letting off the throttle? + injection pump?

RVF

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im posting this for a friend and im not very familiar with diesels myself, but ive done a little bit of searching and havent found any information yet.

Hes having a problem with his 96 12v stumbling anytime you give the truck a bit of gas and quickly let off, he said it recovers pretty quickly, but shouldnt be stumbling. Otherwise the truck runs very well for him as far as I know with about 300k miles on it.

I believe he said it has a new lift pump, and were looking for ideas of what might cause the problem?

Another question was about the injection pump, did these trucks all have the P7100 pump? He has a governor spring kit for that pump that he wants to install, but we want to make sure thats whats actualy on the truck.

Thanks for any help

Mighty Dodge

Reaction score
Check the idle speed. Mine would stall when cold if I let up off it suddenly. I bumped up the idle speed to spec.

M.D.

RVF

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I havent looked here for a week or two, been busy with some other things, Im pretty sure the idle speed is set correctly. Ill check with my friend about it though.

diesele-rock

diesele-rock
Reaction score
the electric lift pump in the tank is probably bad had a 97 with a dump did the same thing when you gave it throtte to dump and et out if woud almost die check it out cuse if you et it go it will ruin the injector pump