95 making oil

Moremph

Too Many trucks
Reaction score
g-pa called me earlier the 95 has 270-280k on it is making oil. yikes Not milky looking looks like it is gettin fuel in it. He is in his 70's so it is hard to get a straight answer and to get him to look it over. Said he thought thier may be some fuel in the valley.

What are the possibilities, can it get in around the fuel pump? around the tappet

or do you think it is an injector cup? how do you check them?

any other possibilites :eek:

Thanks Travis

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis, pull the lid on his filter cannister, see if the filter is BLACK, thats a good indicator of bad o-rings.

Moremph

Too Many trucks
Reaction score
i was just thinking, the fuel would have a hard time getting into the oil because of the orings because oil pressure is much higher the fuel, I could see the oil getting into the fuel, But then this should cause oil consumption. If the orings are bad should't i see excessive smoke?

I am thinking that maybe it is leaking around the fuel pump tappet,

Travis

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get fuel in the oil with weak O-rings too Travis. If he has 270K on the engine and never replaced o-rings........ its time. :)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are on the right track with the fuel pump as well. If the diaphragm is bad I think you can get fuel in the oil that way also. Fuel pump is prolly easier to check first, then onto the o-rings.

Thats alot of miles on the PSD, has he had any other major problems with it. Like ot hear these stories.

Moremph

Too Many trucks
Reaction score
no not really, not sure on the o rings it was a company truck before we got it, my uncle might know a little more. O rings arent a big deal just hate to pull em if that aint the problem just trying to get all my ducks in a row so i can run down thier this weekend and fix it

Travis

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know what the fix was/is when you get back.

kentuckydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If she's making oil, you'd best hook a pipe to 'er and sell that stuff. Black Gold they call it. -phillip

RICHTER

Reaction score
:Thumbs Up I'm gonna lean toward the fuel pump, if the inj o-rings are that bad the oil level will go down instead of up. Yeah its me.....

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RICHTER said:
:Thumbs Up I'm gonna lean toward the fuel pump, if the inj o-rings are that bad the oil level will go down instead of up. Yeah its me.....

Welcome aboard Jon! :Thumbs Up

Big Red CC Dually

Reaction score
RICHTER said:
Well at least use the same screen name so you don't confuse the heck out of the COB's in the crowd Jon ;) I'm used to RICHTER69 still :D :D

Moremph

Too Many trucks
Reaction score
Well we will find out this weekend.

Fuel system will prolly go on friday/saturday along with the new/used suncoast,

oh yeah did i forget to mention i bought the truck out and it is completly mine now.

Just another little tidbit of info that makes me lean towards the fuel pump etc, is that the valley has fuel in it (banjo bolt maybe) The oil increase started around the same time a fuel smell(the leak was noticed)

I drove the truck about 2 blocks on sunday and loaded it on the trailer, Drove 3 hrs home and fired it back up and thier was no smoke, If the o rings where bypassing fuel/oil you would think i would have blue smoke etc.

The O'ring i am pretty sure are original with 275k miles on em so it does need em, but I am hoping the fuel pump fixes my current issue and i can drive it till i can get another set of Toddlers for it.

Wow i am long winded

Travis